• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

gwentheotaku

gwentheotaku

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hi! Sorry if I leave out any important information, I don't know a lot about modding. Basically, I've just recently changed a lot of things in my load order, and I started a new playthrough with it. I played with through for a little while and got to Riften, but as soon as I tried to enter the worldspace, I crashed to desktop. I checked, and this wasn't a one-off thing, everytime that I try to enter the worldspace, I CTD. I even tried just typing "coc RiftenOrigin" into the command console, but it still CTD. This sort of thing happened twice before with a save file, once in Whiterun (every time that I looked at the front of whiterun from inside the city, or tried to enter through the gate, I CTD), and another time in Riften again (I had just started the Theives Guild Questline and was exiting the Ratway. When I walked up the stairs from the Ratway and turned to look towards the marketplace, I CTD). Sorry if this is confusing, I just have no idea what to do.

Load Order:

Spoiler

tsubakiZero

tsubakiZero

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Hi there, when these types of errors happen , in my experience, its usually a bad/overwritten mesh or facegen many cases an npc. These types of errors are a pain to fix because you 1st need to figure out which mods are causing the issue and then find a fix which can be time consuming. Good thing is that if u find the culprit and fix it u wont need to start a new game, amusing that this is the issue.

You can first try to disable all mods that make changes to NPCs and start a new game to see if it crashes

If it doesn't then try to enable 1 mod at a time until u can find the culprit, then you will need to decide which mod you want to use, in many cases u can use both but 1 has to win in load order which also means the resources of the mod needs to win.

If it doesn't crash, then you will need to do the same process but with a wider range of mods, so I would start a new game with only essential mods then tun the game, add a small amount of mods and repeat until you crash again.

Tools like xEdit can help you in this process, also to make your game more stable, but it requires a learning curve which means more time, but it is recommended, the more stable you can get your game the less headaches and more satisfying experience you will have. Hope this can help,

Cheers!

jorgenk1974

jorgenk1974

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

In your load order I can't see directly what causes the CTD, have you tried to go to any of the other cities? (One should always check this in a multiple cities CTD)

Like the one said above, you have to disable all your mods and enable them accordingly to its kind, so first all body/clothing files --->test--> general gameplay one by one, or some multiple at a time, if you are cerain it wont causes trouble. ---> test---> then you can add one by one the mods that alter cities or worldspaces, suggest first the cities.. and once you know it is good, you can test the skyrim world spaces.. then eventually you will find the cullprit

edit: I see one possible porblem.. I have heard that the "legacy of the dragonborn" is not very compatible with some mods that alter cities.. I suggest you try to disable it first.. and then test your game... 

Edited by jorgenk1974, 15 September 2020 - 04:43 PM.

anjenthedog

anjenthedog

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,636 posts

Are you using LAL by any chance?

gwentheotaku

gwentheotaku

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Are you using LAL by any chance?

if you mean Alternate Start: Live Another Life, then yeah

tsubakiZero

tsubakiZero

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 107 posts

Update. This might help you. After I finish an issue I had with a neck seam, I started working on a CDT issue in Whiterun, after testing and troubleshooting I found the culprit and also remembered your modlist and I think this might also be your issue. Im using JK Whiterun, I noticed your using JK Skyrim which is related, and were both also using Royal Armory (PrvtIRoyalArmory.esp) that's the culprit on my load order might be yours too. 

I checked the forums for a solution or a mention but found nothing. Checked on xEdit to see if I could fix it but didnt find anything obvious (I'm not pro in xEdit); so I decided to remove it, I rather have a stable game. Hope this helps u out.

Cheers!

Page loaded in: 0.929 seconds