Mod Org 2 + OBSE

MotokoKHammond

So I was modding Oblivion with Mod Organiser 2, I have never used it but the idea of it was good with the ability to not mess with the games base files or directory in anyway. However I can not get OBSE to work with the MO2's Oblivion, I have installed OBSE into the base games directory, I have tried into the overides folder aswell and nothing makes it work. I have look up a few things online, telling me to add the steam. exe and -applaunch 22330 as an arguement, and I have been told to use Script Extender as a Load Mechanism, but it doesnt show up in the Load Mechanism drop down box at all, as can be seen in the picture I supplied. Any help please?Rx51lzM.png

Have you seen this one ... Running Oblivion OBSE with MO2?

It worked, ty very much. xxxx your a life saver.

I got that from a post by Mathmaestro on May 18 2020 in Blockhead mod comments.

If you're looking for someone to "blame" it's not me ... heck I'm a manual install dinosaur from shortly after the Earth's crust cooled. You'd be giving me lessons if I ever decided to move into the Holocene (as if my metabolism could ever survive that).

If you're looking for someone to "blame" it's not me ... heck I'm a manual install dinosaur from shortly after the Earth's crust cooled. You'd be giving me lessons if I ever decided to move into the Holocene (as if my metabolism could ever survive that).

Lol your funny, I mean I originally started modding oblivion using OBMM. I then swapped over to Wrye Bash, but I had issues with it not correctly uninstalling mods after they had been cleaned via TESEdit. Then I was told about Mod Organiser and respected it's potential, allowing you to keep you base install directory clean. However I must say it's really not been straight forward, having to run everything threw it and install wizard's via Wrye Bash using Mod Organiser as a proxy.

Lol your funny, I mean I originally started modding oblivion using OBMM. I then swapped over to Wrye Bash, but I had issues with it not correctly uninstalling mods after they had been cleaned via TESEdit. Then I was told about Mod Organiser and respected it's potential, allowing you to keep you base install directory clean. However I must say it's really not been straight forward, having to run everything threw it and install wizard's via Wrye Bash using Mod Organiser as a proxy.

Right mouse click on Data and select Copy ... change to my other Windows Explorer window ... right click on Oblivion and select Paste ... installed ... open BOSS and sort (maybe need to create a User Rule, maybe not) ... open Wrye Bash and rebuild Bashed Patch ... start game and test.

With the possible exception of sometimes needing to reorganise a mod's files and folders (generally selecting options, except in the case of weirdly packaged downloads) that is the entire Striker version of mod installation and management. Took me longer to decsribe than it normally takes from end of download to the play game to test stage (but I am admittedly a rather poor and slow typer).

All of those skills/knowledge I brought with me to the game, with the exception of a little reading was required before the first Bashed Patch stage.

That's not to say I didn't have a bruised forehead my first day. Mod install instructions included for the first mod I wanted to install (HGEC ... not rocket science but I did bring a rather large handicap to the table as well) didn't do much for me. "Extract the archive to your Data folder" ... yup, I'm not doing that until I understand what your are going to be doing to my game. Extract to my download folder ... compare to the game's folders ... none of the folders are in my game's Data folder ... much head scratching, searching for answers.

All those "skills" I carried with me from my early DOS and Win 3.1 on days (and my cautious nature) had stacked the deck against me. Stumbled across Rivelle's HGEC version, looked into OBMM, got HGEC and BBB installed and then it started to fall into place. Think I may have used OBMM for NoMaaM within that first week or so but by then I'd learned enough from reading about other people's problems and the solutions that it had all started to gel.

Right click Copy ... right click Paste.

- Edit - No answer from you on the animation woes thread ... do you have OCO v2 installed?

Edited by Striker879