Need recommendation for PC gpu for 2k texture mods and 600+ mods

aqwimage

So, I am planning on starting to mod skyrim again (i had a full modded ssd game file but lost it when i moved for last year of college). I play extremly heavy modded games. Last mod game was running 600+ mods with 2k and some 4k textures on most things textured. I merge weapons and armor and other small mods so I don't know how that will impact things.

I plan on installing skyrim and steam on the ssd (480~gb ssd, I am thinking about higher gb but ssd is only being used for skyrim).

So, prob will add bunch of more mods ( and prob remove a few). So do you think I can do a smooth run (30 fps in most places) without buying a 2080ti gpu....

I am thinking about hybrid texture with 2k mods on grass, landscape, and buildings and 4k on weapons and things. pls no shatter my dream of a smooth hundred+ hour gameplay run.

I am not a computer guy, so I don't know much about pc specs.

Depends on the resolution, a thing you forgot to mention.

Any way, I would recommend a processor not below an old Ryzen 5 1600X or an old i7 4790k, with at least 8G of RAM (I strong suggest 16Gb). If you plan to play at 1080p, an old GTX 980Ti, an GTX 1070 or the new GTX 1660Ti, always with 6Gb of VRAM, it's enough. However, if you plan to play at 4K, I would suggest at least one GTX 1080Ti or any equivalent card with more than 6Gb of VRAM. My Skyrim has some things (dragons, NPCs, body skins, armors, etc) with 4K textures, but the rest are the original textures and I found that, at 4K resolution, the game usually go beyond the use of 7Gb of VRAM. At the top of the stairs that lead to Dragonsearch, if my main character (in first person view) looks to the mountains to the left, as soon as the head of the Talos statue disappears in the lower left corner of the monitor, with a GTX 1080Ti at 4K resolution, my computor, a Ryzen 5 1600X with 16Gb of RAM, makes about 44-45FPS. I think that's one of the more demanding scene of Skyrim.

Edited by brown66