Armor Varients 4 All

G4M3W1NN3R

I'd want this process for BD's armor set myself, or whatever one I happen to think is fancy two months from now. Could an SSEEdit script automate this process? There are consistent mathematical relationships between the values you change, right? I'm probably not comprehending the complete process, but if there's a pattern to it then it can be scripted! Otherwise the work required to do it for every armor set is just cruel.

for quickly changing values, an automated script could work, however, with regards to an automated script creating new Crafting and Tempering Recipes, this is unlikely, as these are not simple value changes, the script would need to know which correct items to choose, from a list of items, twice and place them in 2 specific places in a record, then you also have condition checks which also need to be placed in the same record as the items to be created, as well as item requirements, and the script would also need to create these new records as well, as such i don't believe an automated script would be able to do all of this, however if it could, it probably would not be optimal at doing it.

but ye, if the xEdit script is just for simple value changes, it should be very possible for a script to do this.

however with that said, i do everything manually (i don't believe in automated processes), as such i am not entirely sure.

as for consistency, that is correct. all of my changes are fully consistent with the whole mod, and fully comply to my own standards, such as the 15 points armor rating difference between light and heavy armors, every single armor i create new varients of, will fully comply with that standard and be fully compared to the base armor that they are new vairents of, the only time this is not the case, would be intended wild edits.

essentially the base armors are checked, new values is calculated from the base armor value, and then applied to new variants. my vision for a mod will be fully written down, before i even begin creating it, as such is it fully planned before the ck is even open, and i also write down all changes i have made at the time i have made it. when that ck opens, so does my written down planned ideas document, and a blank notepad ready for change notes. and thus i begin work on the mod.

Edited by G4M3W1NN3R