A mod to force the hand size to normal

anjenthedog

I am continuously having to reset my female's hands to normal size. No matter what I do, the hands are always giant when I load the game , as if I set their scale to ~1.25 or so.

Then once I do, when I change cells, voila, they're too big once again. I've posted queries to troubleshooting here and elsewhere but there seems to be no answer.

So, in light of it apparently not being a technical issue, (I've posted queries in the past and got only a limp response) and instead just being a "funny" or "ironic" part of the game, I'd love to see a mod that forces the hands back to normal size without having to go into racemenu, reset them, then cause the game to consider this a new vector every five minutes.

thanks

edited for typo (to > too)

edited again to tweak content.

Hi! Try Enhanced Character Edit. There are a slider for the hands in it.

Hopefully that will work for your problem?

Racemenu has that as well. The problem is that something keeps resetting the hand size to the oversized hands (almost like it''s setting them to beast sized) , and the only way to fix it (now) is to enter racemenu, reset the scale, then save edit, which forced a new vector (ie all saves start from there...it breaks the save history)

O.k. But after some research, I found this mod that might help?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/28574

No, unfortunately it doesn't. I have it installed but it doesn't produced the desired effect of reducing the hand size. There's a mod for oldrim called "more feminine hands" or something like that I'd have liked to try, but I have no idea how to convert it or even if it can be converted...

Aside from a lingering suspicion that it's leftover injected malicious code from back when I used two extremely popular and allegedly "required mods", I'm beginning to wonder if it might be some piece of clothing/armor that isn't being fitted properly. I'm really at a loss as to why her hands keep being reset to ~1.2-1.3 scale.

Hmm., maybe it's time to walk around naked for a while and see if the hand size stays small after fixing it with racemenu again. If it does then I'll have to re-examine what I wear.

Edit: Nope. after a fast travel the hands were back. Any cell change seems to be enough for the hands to resize back to the "lobster claws"

PS> this is what I'm talking about (it might look minor but I guarantee it's not, even if I play through anyway)

That seem to be a very difficult problem indeed. And having Troll sized hands on ones character like that are disturbing.

But why not try the Oldrim mod anyway. Some of them work in SE too. The worst thing that might happend is that the game refuse to start.

It seems like you are not alone having this problem. I have runned across at least 4 other people that have got this problem. But unfortunatly no one have presented a soloution for it. :- (

I'm sorry that I can't be of more help than this.

That seem to be a very difficult problem indeed. And having Troll sized hands on ones character like that are disturbing.

But why not try the Oldrim mod anyway. Some of them work in SE too. The worst thing that might happend is that the game refuse to start.

It seems like you are not alone having this problem. I have runned across at least 4 other people that have got this problem. But unfortunatly no one have presented a soloution for it. :- (

I'm sorry that I can't be of more help than this.

Nothing to be sorry for. Thanks all the same.

But I guess that after all this discussion, you can now understand why I want a mod (or just an appropriate script) that will change the hand scale to 1 when fired without screwing around with having to open racemenu.

• 3 months later...

No....and yes. I installed a mod that adds a book (A Change of Face) that when opened, allows altering racemenu settings without the normal reset of the game vector.

Forcing hand size to normal over and over sometimes locks the hand size to the right size after a while. (for a while anyway. Eventually, I find the hands have reverted to beast mode and it's back to resizing until it sticks again).

As to why it happens? idk. I *suspect that somehow the beast hands are being applied (from the beast body spec stored in case the player decides he/she wants to do the werewolf vector or a vampire vector...neither of which, btw, I have any desire to be a part of)