Is there any mod that adjusts NPC speed dynamically?

Draghy

I'm not sure how it's implemented in the game, but is NPC movement speed affected by armor class(light, medium, heavy, power armor) ? If not, is there any mod to do that?

Is there any mod to change the NPC speed based on their SPECIAL Agility?

Or based on their current encumberance?

Thanks,

Edited by Draghy

Not really, because "speed" is based upon a "game setting" multiplier which globally affects ALL Actors, as well as each individual "speedmult" actor value. So you can either change the speed for everyone, or have to do so for each Actor individually.

Have you seen "Realistic Movement"? In a quick search on the keyword "speed" it seems to come the closest to what you want.

-Dubious-

Not really, because "speed" is based upon a "game setting" multiplier which globally affects ALL Actors, as well as each individual "speedmult" actor value. So you can either change the speed for everyone, or have to do so for each Actor individually.

Have you seen "Realistic Movement"? In a quick search on the keyword "speed" it seems to come the closest to what you want.

-Dubious-

Yes I always had it installed.

I was just wondering about how to balance power armor to be more taxing on movement speed, for NPC's specifically.

-Dubious-

I was just wondering about how to balance power armor to be more taxing on movement speed, for NPC's specifically.

Erm, it's Powered Armor, why would it be harder to move around in? The whole idea behind it is to increase mobility, and protection.....

Y

-Dubious-

Erm, it's Powered Armor, why would it be harder to move around in? The whole idea behind it is to increase mobility, and protection.....

The T-51b perhaps.

I aim to make the T-45d more of a tank suit. It's powered because it's weight is too encumbering to be worn like normal armor.

The idea was to enable frontline soldiers to carry heavy ordnance, that would otherwise require a whole squad of troops. Early T-45 models lacked in mobility compared to later models, and this is reflected by the -2 penalty to AGL.

To the original question: NPC are affected by movement speed penalties of armor already. These penalties are controlled by some Game Settings. Movement speed for agility would require of you to change their speed modifiers as the get loaded when entering a new cell. While scary in the case of having to iterate to through too many of them, it is possible.

Is there any mod to change the NPC speed based on their SPECIAL Agility?

There's an option to for Agility to scale movement speed for NPCs and the player in my Tweaks engine plugin.

Thanks! Your tweaks mod is really great. Slept on it sorry lol

Edited by Draghy