Vortex Extensions Being Automatically Loaded

AnsionEsre

Hello.

I understand there is someone at Microsoft who is probably paying some type of endorsement. (Flight Simulator)

However, when you add extensions automatically and provide a REMOVE feature (that requires a restart) to remove it and then Vortex requires another restart to re-add the exact same extension back ... it does not add to my wanting to keep using this.

Please - let us decide what extensions to load or provide a method for us to at least delete the ones we do not want. An option to OPT out would be nice as well.

I get it. There are computer stupid people who don't know how to mod, will never know how to mod and need hand holding through it, but there are others who would like a bit more say over what our mod organization manager loads.

Thank you and I hope this comes across stern but trying to find a solution.

I love Vortex - I always jump to its defense in the Rabid MO2 community but this type of thing is not acceptable.

I think you're misunderstand Ansion,

The extension for Microsoft Flight Simulator is already part of the core application. What is happening Vortex is downloading an urgent fix for that part of the app. No conspiracy, this is just a way to prevent the need for releasing an entire application update to fix a bug with a single game. We did the same thing with Subnautica and Below Zero last month.

I'm sure you'd prefer a 50kb update patch over an 80mb application update.

Guest deleted34304850

Can I ask, simply for my own understanding, is your opening remark suggesting that somehow Microsoft have paid Nexusmods to install an extension for a game, and keep that extension enabled no matter what the user choice is/was?

Most game extensions are shipped with Vortex, we just keep them updated.

Look at it like this: If we didn't handle games as extensions that get auto updated individual, whenever something is seriously broken for a single game we might have to update the entire application, even for all the users who don't play that game. This is a lot less hassle than the alternative for everyone involved.

• 1 month later...