Would you like the Companions to be destroyable?

bruce142

282 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like the Companions to be destroyable?

• Yes, I want to put a smile on Aela's face, a red one, muhahahaha (insert evil laughter here)
    • Yes, having a option to join or destroy the Companions is a good option
    • No, absolutely not, what did they do to deserve this punishment?
  2. 2. If you have voted 1 or 2, which NPC would you like to be the questgiver

• Krev the Skinner, leader of the Silver Hand
    • A custom voiceacted NPC
    • Any other suggestion specified by you in this thread
  3. 3. What should be the effects of your action of destroying the Companions?

• You will be shunned in or banned out of Whiterun
    • The guards in Whiterun will hate you and you're not able to pay off your bounty
    • Any other suggestion specified by you in this thread

I woud love to see the silver hand moving into jorvaskrr. I had this idea were the silver hand was once a part of the companions, but once the circle was formed and revealed, some of the members left. This group called it self the silver hand and grew more and more extreme.

Maybe you will only kill the circle and not the rest of the guys and silver hand would move in with them.

<p>Guys, great suggestions, but I immediately must break the bubble : Vignar Grey-Mane is also a member of the Companions and he can become Jarl after Whiterun is taken by the Stormcloaks and I can't seem to kill Kodlak and the other members of the Circle, they are set essential ingame (even tried to&nbsp;deactivate the essential&nbsp;status ingame, no results)&nbsp;but their actorbase is set to unessential (so there has to be a quest where they are set to essential). Without these two issues fixed this mod will never succeed.</p> Edited by bruce142

Managed to fix quite a bit, Kodlak is now killable and so is the rest of the circle, the quest works however it is a bit basic. There is still the matter on how to deal with Eorlund Gray-Mane and Vignar Gray-Mane (and fix the Vignar Gray-Mane becoming a Jarl problem). I need to find a way to lure Kodlak away so you can kill him silently. I need to find more shared dialogue lines (because the Silver Hand and Krev the Skinner can be any race) and I need to make the Krev the Skinner name tag work. And maybe I need to find a way for the player to actually join the Silver Hand.

The player doesnt really have to join the Silver Hand faction, just needs quests to help them. Maybe after the circle is killed off then bring back "The Companions" with new members such as a follower in a certain inn who likes to fight as the new recruiter and all the hirelings. And the new "Companions" are all hirelings the player can hire. Call them former Silver Hand members and former Companion recruits who were snubbed like Uthgerd.

Anyway I know I am going to drive you up the wall with suggestions and ideas lol.

@Bruce....Just a question if I may...I have been wanting to set the inner circle companions as unessential myself, though for different reasons...I RP a Pure Blood Werewolf (born as such) and want the Companions set as hostile towards him...they are when he is in Beast form, but are not when he is in human form...whereas all Vigilants of Stendarr attack him on sight (he has Wolf alliance, apparently that places him squarely in the Wolf/Werewolf Faction and the Vigilants are default set to recognize this)....I am hoping to achieve something similar with the Circle Companions, have them actively hunting him, etc....So long as he can continue to get past Jorvaskrr without detection when his following Whiterun related quests.... :blink:

May I ask how you set the inner circle as unessential?...I am not concerned about Kodliak, as he stays in his chair in doors...but Farkas, Vilkas, Aela and Skor.

@StayFrosty05 : You will have to look inside C00 and C00GiantAttack (don't mind C00VilkasTraining as it's triggered after you have joined the Companions), in C00 there are quest aliases named AelaEssential, FarkasEssential, VilkasEssential and SkjorEssential, open these aliases and uncheck their essential status (I did make them protected). If you want them to be essential at first but you want to make them unessential after certain script event, you need to make a quest that runs once and is start game enable and run a script which makes them essential through a script, this way you can turn the essential status off both ingame and in a script later on. Edited by bruce142

@StayFrosty05 : You're welcome.

@all : Bethesda seemed to had a fix for Balgruuf being replaced by Vignar Gray-Mane, Hrongar. I don't know if I can activate the replacement of Vignar Gray-Mane by Hrongar upon death of Vignar Gray-Mane. Without this my project is doomed to be abandoned.

Edit : I think I'm going to exclude Eorlund Gray-Mane and Vignar Gray-Mane from the Companions. If you ask to Eorlund Gray-Mane, "Are you a companion?", his reply is either : "Not actually a Companion myself, but none of them know how to work a forge properly, and I'm honored to serve them." or "Why? Who says I have to be? Skyforge Steel is my art and honor. The Companions need the best, so they come to me.". And Vignar says nothing good about the Companions either : "They used to be something. Nowadays they just squabble amongst themselves. Take my advice and keep away. You look too smart to get caught up with this bunch." But he admits he is one but seems to have regrets joining them, if you ask him why did he join the Companions he says : "When you get to be my age, you don't remember why you did much of anything. Only that it happened."

Edit : Manage to make an option to lure Kodlak away, sweet. Now I need a betrayal option and some voicelines.

Edited by bruce142

• 3 weeks later...