Would you like the Companions to be destroyable?

bruce142

282 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like the Companions to be destroyable?

• Yes, I want to put a smile on Aela's face, a red one, muhahahaha (insert evil laughter here)
    • Yes, having a option to join or destroy the Companions is a good option
    • No, absolutely not, what did they do to deserve this punishment?
  2. 2. If you have voted 1 or 2, which NPC would you like to be the questgiver

• Krev the Skinner, leader of the Silver Hand
    • A custom voiceacted NPC
    • Any other suggestion specified by you in this thread
  3. 3. What should be the effects of your action of destroying the Companions?

• You will be shunned in or banned out of Whiterun
    • The guards in Whiterun will hate you and you're not able to pay off your bounty
    • Any other suggestion specified by you in this thread

The Companions are respected all over Skyrim and really only have two possible enemies, The SIlver Hand and perhaps the Thalmor of historical reason.

The Silver Hand doesn't really see The Companions as an enemy, it's the lycantropy infested Circle that is the problem so that is what they really want dead, the rest could be spared if they doesn't get in the way. The people of Whiterun are already annoyed at the rumors of werewolfs around so if those are taken out, they should not objection, the Companions could just rebuild after that, werewolf free. Suggestibly, this could be an alternate way to become Harbringer of the Companions.

The Thalmor may be worried that the Companions, who was founded as an elf bashing organization may take up their old habit and recruit with this in mind if the Dominion invades Skyrim and thus may want them out of the way before such a war. The Companions would be an ideal leader for the resistance of this historical reason even in it's modernized form with some elven members.

• 1 month later...

Bit late- more than a bit late, it seems, but I hope you try even so with this mod. Jarl or no or whatever.

One, As was said here, I hate being shoved into certain quests. But shoved into being a werewolf? What was so bloody wrong with having a fighter's guild? Or more in line- what was so bleeding wrong in having a fighter's guild that WASN'T awash in pandery to the Stephenie Meyer set?

Two, Yes, I was also put off having the Silver Hand framed as villains and enemies. And more so I felt wrong being ordered to fight them. I'd no more wanted to fight them than the Vigilants of Stendarr. More I would have loved to see more of the Silver Hand and had them work beside me for Dawnguard. Something about the Dawnguard, perhaps it was the castle, perhaps it was their leader, but they struck me as overly bland just - I don't know- worse than cannon fodder later on.

Three, as for a bounty or coming shunned from Whiterun- why? They're werewolves! Slaying them is tendering Whiterun - no- the WORLD- a service. And if it's keeping your name cleared- take whatever you need- give the guards a bloody tour of the caverns, show them journals- have the silver hand speak for you - whatever proof is wanted. For all love, I'm sick of 'misunderstood' werewolves and vampires, and zombies. And while I felt terrible for both sides in Falkreath -for the daughter and the monster- he was cursed truly cursed. But that wasn't the Companions.

Most of the Companions carried lycanthropy about them with a swagger, as though they were naught but a lot of unrepentant steroids abusers. And even then they were rubbish at cheating- many were the times that I'd ridden along a road and found three of them kneeling, covered in blood(their own) while a lone bear or some other creature beat the rollocking hells out of them. Go Comapnions! Or something.

And now we're on about it- Why again should players be shunned? One(so far as the story holds) we're the Dragonborn(another silly thing shoved on us.) But if that isn't enough to make any guard -no matter how petty- wet themselves in fear, then perhaps having ended better than half of the Companions should give them pause? Truly - is a hero or anti hero of that level the sort of character you want to go about giving grief to- arrow to the knee or no?

But yes- the Companions - Finding out what they were long ago set my teeth on edge. When, after the escape, I was sent to the cave beneath Whiterun for the initiation- no. I could have, and should have been allowed to have their leader cured without being cursed. There was a ritual. There was a cure. I didn't need to make friends, I didn't need to understand them- or even care. That, or the want of it, never kept my archer from delving into who knows how many other dungeons. Gold. Gold ont he bloody barrelhead and we're squared. They could have sent me for their cure, had done, and all without subjecting me to their special brand of fraternal stupidity.

But no. No they weren't having any of that. So I turned about on my heel and never went back. And yes, I know it- I lost quite a bit of experience for doing so. That's just why I hate them. Hate most 'essential' NPCs, and why this mod needs to be made. Somehow.

I would absolutely love it if this mod came to fruition. I was just in Whiterun and had at least 3 members of the Companions trash talk me, so I'm totally on board with their utter destruction. It even says in on the loading pages (perhaps only if you're a vamp, which I is) "As a vampire, people may comment on your unusual appearance, but they don't ever attack you or shun you like they do the werewolf." So perhaps when the Silver Hand confronts Farkas, you could be given the option to put him down, and then alert the Jarl to their true nature, who could then send you to seek out Krev and be given a new quest line to destroy the companions. Side note, Hothtrooper just made an amazing werewolf skin hat that would fit perfectly with this.

Actually, this dude has some pretty solid ideas.

I don't see why Vignar has to taint the project, as he's not a werewolf. He could easily be oblivious to this fact, as it could be a Circle guarded secret, or simply ignore this entirely since I can't even count how many times I've had an NPC reference someone I've already killed, or threaten me about getting mixed up with the Thieves Guild or Darkbrotherhood as I'm the Guildmaster and leader of both...

Also, I'd like a quest to destroy or disband the College, which could then lead to the rebuilding of Winterhold perhaps? I really don't like being forced to not complete something unless I'm forced into a role. I feel like all factions should have some way of completeing the quest by either staying objective, or joining the other side (or just out right slaughtering everyone, that's always fun).

Edited by immortalscynn

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Would be interesting to collect ingredients for alchemy to create a potion which heal Aela from lycanthropy, maybe we could poison the weapon, once "poisoned" she will lose consciousness, so we still keep a mission to destroy the companions, then when she wake up will be healed.

Edited by MaximilianPs

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

after the companions are wiped out just have the player go to the jarl and reveal to him that the companions were werewolves living under his nose the whole time, he'll commend your actions for protecting the people of whiterun and skyrim, he'll then have the silver hand use jorrvaskr as a base to hunt down all monsters that plague skyrim. Also have the guards say "i can't believe that the companions were werewolves, you can't trust anyone these days"

• 1 month later...

I would defiantly endorse maybe even donate to this mod, it should begin with talking to silver hand or whiterun guard or have an option for either, at the end you should be able to expose the companions for what they truly are before they are sentenced death for the crime of Hypertichosis! (werewolfism)

• 6 months later...