Battlefront 2 exe. Launching Origins instead of game

TylerBDH

Everytime i open Battlefront 2 the origins application opens instead. I turned off "Enable origin in game". It was working 2 days ago with no mods and now wont open at all. After trying to mod this issue arose when trying to start the game in frosty. Ive tried opening from steam, the origins application, and frosty mod manager. The origin application and battlefront are up to date on the newest versions and ive reinstalled both twice and made sure there was no mod folders.

Edited by TylerBDH

Everytime i open Battlefront 2 the origins application opens instead. I turned off "Enable origin in game". It was working 2 days ago with no mods and now wont open at all. After trying to mod this issue arose when trying to start the game in frosty. Ive tried opening from steam, the origins application, and frosty mod manager. The origin application and battlefront are up to date on the newest versions and ive reinstalled both twice and made sure there was no mod folders.

Im having the same issue. Frostmanager loads this origin garbage and none of my mods. Looks like EA killed the mods for BF2

Posted this in another thread but in case you guys dont see it;

after endless hours of searching for a solution I found this and it actually worked for me:

"A fix for the Steam version:

Launch ORIGIN, launch STEAM, in origin select the Steam version of Star Wars Battlefront II, right click and go to Game Properties > Advanced Launch Options.

In the command line arguments insert your path to Frosty Mod manager executable. Then launch the game through FMM as per usual and get back in the action.

In the command line arguments mine looks like this:

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\STAR WARS Battlefront II\frosty

If you change mods in FMM you must close Origin. Then launch through FMM.

Hope this fix helps those like me when the other fixes did not."

Original Posted by

Edited by KatsuyaTera

• 1 year later...

Posted this in another thread but in case you guys dont see it;

after endless hours of searching for a solution I found this and it actually worked for me:

"A fix for the Steam version:

Launch ORIGIN, launch STEAM, in origin select the Steam version of Star Wars Battlefront II, right click and go to Game Properties > Advanced Launch Options.

In the command line arguments insert your path to Frosty Mod manager executable. Then launch the game through FMM as per usual and get back in the action.

In the command line arguments mine looks like this:

D:\Steam\steamapps\common\STAR WARS Battlefront II\frosty

If you change mods in FMM you must close Origin. Then launch through FMM.

Hope this fix helps those like me when the other fixes did not."

Original Posted by

It's been a year since you posted this, and you probably won't reply but you just saved my entire week. Thank you sooo much

• 1 month later...