Half of Wet and Cold

BrotherShamus

If your interest is such an edge case that no one else has yet thought to cut out the "visuals" of Wet and Cold, then you might need to learn to do it yourself, either just for yourself or, if permissions allow, the greater good. If it's just wholesale removal of those elements, it might not be that difficult unless there's interdependencies via scripting or whatnot. It's possible you might be able to do it just with SSEEdit. That mod has never been an interest of mine, so I know nothing about it other than the headline.

I used Immersive Citizens when I was playing on Xbox... liked it but had a lot of issues with other mods. Maybe give it a swing though. I may see about learning SSEEdit and take a crack at Wet and Cold if I can. I guess I just ask the MA for permissions? Sorry... I'm just not sure how this works as I've only had my PC for a week or so.

So... I tried Immersive Citizens (with various patches) and it didn't really do much. A couple of NPC's were apparently reading books under sheltered areas but for the most part, they were still just strolling around in the rain. Also... when I tried to start my game today, it kept crashing at the load screen (likely due to something I've done incorrectly) but thanks for the suggestion.

I'm still learning how mods work so I'm miles away from trying to edit them... I did check on the Wet and Cold page and apparently you do need permission so when I do eventually get the confidence to try it, I'll contact them. Until then... I suppose I'll just tell myself that the good citizens of Skyrim are fearless and laugh at the prospect of getting fried by lightning while walking to the shops.

I did check on the Wet and Cold page and apparently you do need permission so when I do eventually get the confidence to try it, I'll contact them.

You shouldn't need permission to do anything at all by yourself and just for yourself. Only an egomaniacal control freak would dare try to interfere with that. That is anathema to the hacker philosophy upon which modding is built.