Vortex Manual Priority Won't Change (and UI doesnt register correct location)

exploiteddna

Several problems, all relating to the Load Order tab in Vortex

Which version of Vortex are you on?
What game are you trying to mod with Vortex?
Witcher 3
How many mods do you have installed?
So far, only 5 ("Merged mod" from script merger, Community-Base patch, and 3 separate mods for HD-Reworked)
What environment are you running Vortex on?
Windows 10 Pro x64 (v2004; Build 19041.508)
2. Be precise and concise in your report
Total of 5 "mods", all of them installed outside of Vortex because that's the recommended protocol for these mods. These include:
"Merged mod" from script merger
Community-Base patch
HD-Reworked-1
HD-Reworked-2
HD-Reworked-3
When I open Vortex and go to the "Load Order" tab, 1 and 2 are locked in their positions, like they should be. But the three HD-Reworked mods, part 1, 2 and 3 are in load order positions #4, #3 and #5, respectively. Two problems..
problem 1: sometimes when you right-click a mod entry and input a priority value, wehn you apply/submit the change, nothing happens... the chosen index is not applied to the mod you're trying to change priority.
problem 2: I'm trying to change the priority of HD-Reworked-2, so I right-click the mod >> "Set Manual Priority", but the dialogue that pops up says "Insert new numerical priority for HD-Reworked-1" even though I clicked on HD-Reworked-2. So there's no way to change the priority of #2 because I'm unable to get a dialogue box for #2.. doesn't matter if I r-click on #1 or #2.. the priority dialogue for #1 will pop up for both of them. Same thing happens with another external mod.
So, I found a workaround by packaging each of the HD-Reworked mods into a non-compressed 7z archive and installed them through vortex so theyre no longer external mods, and now vortex seems to be playing nice with them, allowing me to change their priority appropriately... and im not going to reinstall them externally just for the sake of getting a screenshot.. just trust what i said in my description above, that should be sufficient
As this is an ongoing effort, I no longer have only the 5 mods listed above. I have added a few more external mods. To demonstrate problem 2, I will use the current state of my modded game.
(Rant/Unrelated to the topic of this thread: im in the process of trying to reinstall all of my mods because I reinstalled vortex earlier today just as a means of completely clearing the slate, starting fresh bc of other issues I was having ... deployment would fail every time, no matter what.. also could not purge mods.. so i said screw it and started over from scratch.. and thats what led me here.. to finding these other issues during my clean reinstall of mods)
So anyways, the same problem #2 I had when only HD-Reworked/Patch/Merged were installed showed up again after I found the workaround for problem #1. So to demonstrate problem #2, I've got some screenshots for you, showing how I am unable to change priority because the UI is not registering the correct mod that I'm clicking on. See below
3. Provide helpful screenshots and/or log files
Here are some screenshots demonstrating this problem:
Right-Click modFirearms_ShopAddon
BjdQ9pv.jpg
Mouse cursor hover over "Set Manual Priority" before i select it
IxZqFVX.jpg
After selecting "Set Manual Priority" the dialogue that appears is asking me to enter priority for different mod, modFirearms .. not modFirearms_ShopAddon
MScCCkK.jpg
(cant see my cursor in screenshots but you can trust I clicked on the correct mod based on where the dialogue/context menu popped up)
Unfortunately i dont have screenshots of the first problem because Ive moved on from that (see workaround above)
One last point, as a workaround, I have tried to manually edit mods.settings, changing the priority that is set in there. However, this does not work. As soon as you launch Vortex, it changes the mods.settings file and your changes are not implemented. I've even tried setting the file to "read-only" but Vortex was still able to modify the file and put the priority back to whatever random number it desires.
Not sure if I'm forgetting any useful information but I'll update the thread if/when I do