Heavy Traffic ×

Preset Help

Ketska

fwiw, just in case... the side panel that pops up for presets doesn't show anything... ever (at least on my game). You have to actually click load and a new file window will open. Seems kinda lame but I've learned to live with it.

PS> sorry for the tiny img. I don't have a hosted source.... anyway

the folder that file window is linked to is (afaik) the default for racemenu presets and is

.../Data/SKSE/Plugins/CharGen/Presets

in case the "nothing" you're seeing in that "Select preset file" window is pointing to a different folder.

Also, I've noticed that after installing *some presets, they're incorrectly deposited into the wrong folder (as I recall .../Data, or .../Data/SKSE/Plugins, or .../Data/SKSE/Plugins/CharGen. can't quite remember as I've stopped donwloading presets, since they never seem to work correctly on my characters and blend what I have with what they bring, resulting in some really butt ugly faces that only a "vanilla game" mother could love)

fwiw, just in case... the side panel that pops up for presets doesn't show anything... ever (at least on my game). You have to actually click load and a new file window will open. Seems kinda lame but I've learned to live with it.

attachicon.gif racemenu_presets.jpg

PS> sorry for the tiny img. I don't have a hosted source.... anyway

the folder that file window is linked to is (afaik) the default for racemenu presets and is

in case the "nothing" you're seeing in that "Select preset file" window is pointing to a different folder.

Also, I've noticed that after installing *some presets, they're incorrectly deposited into the wrong folder (as I recall .../Data, or .../Data/SKSE/Plugins, or .../Data/SKSE/Plugins/CharGen. can't quite remember as I've stopped donwloading presets, since they never seem to work correctly on my characters and blend what I have with what they bring, resulting in some really butt ugly faces that only a "vanilla game" mother could love)

Yeah that's the menu i see when I click load preset but nothing shows up for me. I don't know how to get them to show up.

Yeah that's the menu i see when I click load preset but nothing shows up for me. I don't know how to get them to show up.

Make sure your presets are located where I said.

I ran into the same issue early on.

When you see a preset you want to download, check the "file contents" in its "files" tab before installing or manually downloading. As I noted some or many are directed to the wrong folder.

you may also be able to navigate to other folders with the file window, but I don't have the game open right now to check.

idk... then create it? (and create the presets folder too)

then I'd guess you should uninstall those presets you installed and re install them

If you examine the contents of most preset downloads, you'll find that many are just a single jslot file. When I was still downloading them, I would manually download, open the archive in a dummy folder (for me, that's the archive folder I set up for "racemenu presets"), copy the jslot out and drop it into the presets folder. fwiw... fyi, ymmv...

Some...have additional info. examine the structure of the embedded content and if they have stuff in their archived CharGen folder, put that stuff in the CharGen folder, and then put the stuff from the file's Presets folder in the Presets folder... if you see where I'm going here.

For educational value, DO this...go to one of the many preset mod pages. ( I don't care if it's one of the older ones or these new high poly ones)

ex: Khinara Jade SE - RaceMenu Preset (first one I came across)

1. click the files tab
  2. below the MOD MANAGER DOWNLOAD button, you will see a link entitled "Preview file contents"
  3. click it.
  4. you will now see the folder structure that it is supposed to use for deposition of that single .jslot file
  5. mimic it and you're golden for manual insertion of a preset to the list... presuming you have the CharGen folder and it's child folder "Presets".

Again...SOME presets contain more than just one file, (face tints, etc).

I'd recommend that you always check the file contents for these presets. Like I said, some (not al but some) are pathed wrong.

PS> also, just to make sure we're on the same page...I shortened the links in my first response. you know that right? /data is off the /skyrim special edition/ folder...

Some RaceMenu presets were created and published by people that didn't fully understand the necessary installation filepath for them. You might very well find them languishing in the Data folder... or gods only knows where. I've found ones like this and had to manually relocate them (or duplicate them to keep my mod manager happy).

Also: if a preset doesn't specify the Race required, either in the title, filename, or at least the description, WALK AWAY. RaceMenu doesn't store the Race selection in presets, even though it is required to achieve the appearance (and neither is gender). Because of this, the Race must be preselected before navigating to the Presets tab! If you don't know the necessary race, you'll have to guess, and why bother? There are so many good presets made by people who knew enough to specify the race. It's for this reason that some preset creators seem to always use Nord as a base (because it's the default) and adapt it as needed to achieve the desired appearance, even if choosing another race would be a quicker path to that appearance.

Edited by VulcanTourist

• 8 months later...

Make sure your presets are located where I said.

I ran into the same issue early on.

When you see a preset you want to download, check the "file contents" in its "files" tab before installing or manually downloading. As I noted some or many are directed to the wrong folder.

you may also be able to navigate to other folders with the file window, but I don't have the game open right now to check.

The mod file is located where it should be. Inside .../Data/SKSE/Plugins/CharGen/Presets. But does not shows any presets installed. Any help? Downloaded over 100 presets but none of them shows up in that Load Presets tab.