[LE] Quest Completion and StopQuest - What truly ends all quest related content and scripts

sornan

Hi guys :smile:

I've done quite a bit of googling on this, and I'm not sure of the answer..

I really need to know how we truly end all content in a quest when it is completed, including any quest scripts.

Initially, I thought that just completing a quest would indeed end everything contained in that quest, including scripts, and then I read from the Beth Creation Kit web content :

"A quest that is completed may still continue to be running"

From this page : Quest Stages

(At the bottom of the page - Complete Quest)

And then, the only thing I could find that *may* seem to truly stop a quest in all it's content and scripts :

StopQuest

I'm wondering, do we run a StopQuest command after we complete a quest where we want everything contained in that quest to end, or is there something else I am missing?

I have a number of quests that contain various quest scripts, Alias's, scenes, etc, and when those quests are flagged as Complete, I want all of that done and gone, not running in the background any longer.

TIA :smile:

Edited by sornan

Yes.. you have to run the native function stop(). A quest can be completed and still running without this. Bethesda coders use almost stage 100 or 200 to stop the quest by papyrus script.

Sometimes one quest is the controller (and has a papyrus script attached) to start or stop specific quests depends on the stages or conditions.

Edited by ReDragon2013

Thanks ReDragon2013 :)

Sounds good, I appreciate the info there.

The controller method actually sounds good, and is what I was thinking of, just let a number of them run for some time after completion, being sure of packages and scripts, etc completing, and then at a certain point just close them all down at once from a separate quest script.

Thanks!