Download speed awful with premium

Zeleath
Go to solution Solved by Tannin42,

Same thing is happening to me, bought premium today and it's been maxing out for moments at 500KB/s, mostly sitting at around 128KB/s

Have you changed your download server to a Premium Server and then logged out, and then logged back in?

I've logged out and logged back in, then restarted the download. Not sure how to select a premium server for the download though? Can't see anything in the Vortext GUI under Settings/Download about server selection. Regardless, the non-premium throttling is to 1-2MBps and I'm getting less than 100KB/s consistently now, even on a wired connection where speedtest.net shows far greater speeds (not the best internet, but with 25Mbps down I would expect at least 3MBps for a download). I've paused the download to view other videos and have no buffering issues when streaming videos in high quality outside of the download, I only have issues with Vortex.

I also attempted a manual download for a mod and saw similar very low speeds in the browser download, so it's not an application error either

Same thing is happening to me, bought premium today and it's been maxing out for moments at 500KB/s, mostly sitting at around 128KB/s

Have you changed your download server to a Premium Server and then logged out, and then logged back in?

I've logged out and logged back in, then restarted the download. Not sure how to select a premium server for the download though? Can't see anything in the Vortext GUI under Settings/Download about server selection. Regardless, the non-premium throttling is to 1-2MBps and I'm getting less than 100KB/s consistently now, even on a wired connection where speedtest.net shows far greater speeds (not the best internet, but with 25Mbps down I would expect at least 3MBps for a download). I've paused the download to view other videos and have no buffering issues when streaming videos in high quality outside of the download, I only have issues with Vortex.

I also attempted a manual download for a mod and saw similar very low speeds in the browser download, so it's not an application error either

In Vortex, under DOWNLOAD

Vortex-Download-Threads.jpg

then, go to your profile, on Nexusmods and pick SITE PREFERENCES-------->PREMIUM MEMBER PREFERENCES------>PREFERRED DOWNLOAD LOCATION

Also, cancel the download you started BEFORE you became a Premium member, because that particular download is still at Non-Member speed.

You need to cancel the download and start a new one