camera stuck in floor in third person

ValhallenBerry

hello!

I just wanna start off that English isn't my first language so please don't roast me :smile:

So i just started a new game, for like, the 20th time, but this time something has been happening and it is driving me insane. So I honestly don't really know what caused it, but I do know when it began.

So everything was going great until I came at the Companions fighting the Giant scene, near Whiterun. I noticed that one of the companions body was clipping through her armor so I closed my game and rebuild my bodyslide files. When I came back, my third person camera was about halfway down my characters body, which bugged me so I again restarted my game. However when I did the camera was fully in the ground, like clipped in the ground. I could see both under the ground and above the ground and the partially visible feet of my character. I could walk around and crouch and such, but i couldn't sit on benches or something. And the first person cam was totally fine! No matter where I reloaded or how many times I restarted the game, it didn't go away. I couldn't find anything on these forums about it and not on google either, but something similar regarding a mod called undeath remastered and something with a horse. (https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/ek73xr/undeath_remastered_camera_stuck_in_floor_in_lich/ https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/images/712026) The problems there are similar to mine in terms of the camera in the ground. I have attached the screenshot one of their topics provided, as my own was too many kb, apparantly. It looks exactly the same.

Both of them speak about the XPM32 skeleton (The horse one also about Joy Of Perspective, but I don't have that mod), so I decided to reinstall that, as well as CBBE, 3BBB and the Bodyslide tool and rebuild all those files, which fixed it! So I played for about 2 hours and then quit because I had other things to do.

But sadly enough when I opened it up again, the issue is returned. I haven't changed anything about my mods or game in the meantime, so I was confused, what is doing this to my game? I really don't feel like reinstalling those mods every damn time I wanna play skyrim.

Sorry for the long post, but I have been looking everywhere and I am losing my mind. I am not a first person kinda gal and would like my third person back :sad:

Do any of you have any clue what might be causing this?

I have a hotkey set up to switch between 3rd person and camera mode (console >> tfc). When I encounter that, or what that *sounds like* to me (sometimes, for instance, when I "wake" after sleeping, I am (edit: my camera view is) sometimes literally "in the clouds") I click into camera mode and back to 3rd person. The problem is then resolved.

Give it a try.

Go to console mode (~)

Type tfc and hit return

Type tfc and hit return (2nd time)

It also works when the camera is pushed to other "odd" locations beyond the example I noted above.

PS> no, I have no idea *why* it happens.

• 3 weeks later...

If you have Race Menu installed, you can go in console (as above) and type showracemenu then hit return, which will open race menu. then hit ~ again to close console. The last tab is your camera view. Possibly something weird has happened and you can fix it there? Just an idea, I'm really not sure.

About the above suggestion though, tfc is Toggle Free Cam, another thing to try is Turn Collisions Off - TCL. Use console (~) to turn collisions off by typing TCL instead of TFC, then go out of console (hit ~ again) then you move to above ground the usual way, then open console again and type TCL and hit enter again to turn collisions on, and then ~ again to close onsole.

Hi. I had exactly the same problem as you, and I had been worried for days, but I finally solved it.

This issue is due to the old SOSskeleton.nif in SavrenX Schlong of SAM Light. So you can easily solve it by downloading the latest version of Schlongs of Skyrim and overwriting SOSskeleton.nif. At least I was able to solve it.

This sentence uses Google Translate, so I'm sorry if it's hard to understand.

• 5 months later...

Hi. I had exactly the same problem as you, and I had been worried for days, but I finally solved it.
This issue is due to the old SOSskeleton.nif in SavrenX Schlong of SAM Light. So you can easily solve it by downloading the latest version of Schlongs of Skyrim and overwriting SOSskeleton.nif. At least I was able to solve it.
This sentence uses Google Translate, so I'm sorry if it's hard to understand.

Just wanted to say thank you very much, because I had had the same issue and your answer helped me to resolve it. :)

• 1 year later...