Open Community  ·  3 members

BattleTech

Blackscreen flashing off and on During Missions

gmg2dave

I am encountering a very strange problem/bug on my latest playthrough that I have never had before.

During missions, and only during a mission, my screen will go black for anywhere up to 10 seconds or so and then the normal display will come back. The game is still running, I can hear mechs moving/firing, etc. But the game screen is black.

The rate at which this happens also varies, sometimes it happens when it becomes my turn and I am trying to select a mech to move, but most often it happens when my mechs are moving and/or firing their weapons, to the point where I never actually see them do either. Sometimes it becomes to frequent that I cannot continue a mission, flickering constantly to a black screen and back to the point where I have to try to catch the cursor over the menu button to save the game and exit.

I have been running the same mods for my game for quite some time and have not updated them at all during this new campaign. I have never before run into this problem in previous playthroughs, nor have I been able to find any info about other people having similar problems in their games. And I have no idea what would cause a blackscreen during a mission but at no other point during the game.

Modlist that I am currently using

Career Extension

Give them Kell

Hyades Rim

Relentless AI