BREAKING: Microsoft Has Purchased Bethesda

bl3azy

It can be subtle. A tweak here and update there and too soon that game you played on pc will be unplayable. But hey look there it`s on Xbox. Might just have to continually fork out cash to play your fav game. They may loose a few die hard PC fans, but with extra sales of consoles and the extra cash from micro purchases, that will not be a issue. I`m sure that micro soft would love to have all the PC gamer`s buying X box`s . Yes they can release games for pc, but that won`t sell Xbox`s and that won`t give them control over gamer`s.

Of course it's not, that is what Microsoft just bought, Bethesda's game model. All that other sht under the Zenimax umbrella is just extra. Bethesda's game model made them a sht ton of money from base game sales alone and it's not slowing down. More and more people are buying 9+ yr old games to play a modded version. Morrowind is STILL on the shelf at Walmart which means it's STILL selling, 19 years after it's release. No matter how hard Microsoft might try the Creation Kit is never going to work on the console ergo the PC version is never going away either. Probably the only thing that is going to change drastically is the Xbox's modding capabilities will likely eventually be comparable to the PC. Hopefully this spurs other developers to adopt the Bethesda game model, imagine being able to mod Cyberpunk 2077 similarly to a Bethesda game.

Of course it's not, that is what Microsoft just bought, Bethesda's game model. All that other sht under the Zenimax umbrella is just extra. Bethesda's game model made them a sht ton of money from base game sales alone and it's not slowing down. More and more people are buying 9+ yr old games to play a modded version. Morrowind is STILL on the shelf at Walmart which means it's STILL selling, 19 years after it's release. No matter how hard Microsoft might try the Creation Kit is never going to work on the console ergo the PC version is never going away either. Probably the only thing that is going to change drastically is the Xbox's modding capabilities will likely eventually be comparable to the PC. Hopefully this spurs other developers to adopt the Bethesda game model, imagine being able to mod Cyberpunk 2077 similarly to a Bethesda game.

"imagine being able to mod Cyberpunk 2077 similarly to a Bethesda game"

i would be very curious to see what the modding community could do with an actual full complete game, which cyberpunk 2077 is definitely looking to be.

Edited by G4M3W1NN3R

This isn't good news I can't see Microsoft supporting modding in anyway.

All I can see them do is add microtransactions to in game content and armour, perk points etc. They will mess it up like they have done with the Halo franchise and other game developers they have bought.

Depends on their money model. They still distribute free compilers to entice programmers to their platform. They made computing cheap starting in the early eighties and it made them wealthy. If they see the same thing is possible with the Creation Kits; it'll be rinse and repeat. Hopefully, with their discipline bugs will become less frequent and Elder Scolls VI will be finished with a Creation Kit.

However if they are using it to strictly bolster X-Box then future releases of Elder Scrolls could suffer lack of mods.

Write polite e-mails to both Besthesda and MS. Say how much you like the modded games and it's why you buy them. Enough people write and they will listen; Money, Money, Money. Wish I could give every modder $5 or $10, but I don't have $1,257+ for a game. But I am very grateful to all of them. You rock modders!