Need help with mod Editing in SSEdit

Kathalie

I'm in need of some assistance editing a mod since this is something I have never done before.

I want to use the "Heels Sound 1.5 SSE" mod

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1795-heels-sound/

with the TERA Armours collection(CBBE).

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/9651

I already asked the mod author if he/she would do it and was told that it's unlikely and suggested I do it myself.

I figured how hard can it be since the Heel Sound mod has all the instructions on how to do it, so I downloaded SSEdit and set to work.

Unfortunately I'm encountering an error that has me stumped

"Load Order FileID[04] cannot be mapped to FileID for file TEARAArmorsSSE.esp""

I'm hoping I can get some assistance on this as this is new to me and I do not understand the error.

Edited by Kathalie

1. download xEdit 3.2.1 - found in the old versions section, if you have the new version delete it and replace it with the old version.

1a here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/164?tab=files <-- look in older versions, download version 3.2.1

2. then when you launch xEdit (3.2.1), right click on all plugins, and click on "Select None"

3. now click on HeelsSound.esm and enable it by clicking on the box next to it

4. now also click on Tera Armors.esp, and ensure that Heels Sound is further up in the list then Tera Armors, it should be by default as heels sounds is an esm file which means it should always be at the top of the load order, however if tera armors is also an esm file then its possible it could be the wrong order, either way ensure that Heels sound is further up in the load order then tera armors.

Essentially: Ensure that Heels Sound.esm is closer to Dragonborn.ESM, then Tera Armors.

once both files have loaded. right click on *Tera Armors.esp*. and click on *Add Masters*, then click on *Heels sound.esm* in the window that pops up to add Heels Sounds as a master to Tera Armors.

now close xEdit (ensure the box is ticked upon closing, to save changes), and then reload xEdit, do step 2 again, only this time you only need to Select Tera Armors.esp, now if the master was added correctly, loading Tera Armors on its own, will now also load the Heels Sound mod as well by Default.

then from their on out you will need to follow the tutorial you have for adding heel sounds to tera heels, i dont know this part as i personally can't stand the heel sounds. thus never attempted it.

judging by that error, it sounds like the heel sounds cannot be applied to the tera armor heels, because the heelsound mod was not added as a master file to tera armors.

Cannot be mapped, means the heels sound can not be Binded to the heels in tera armors, thus the new heels sounds cannot be triggered by the very thing you are attempting to assign them to (Tera Heels), which is likely either because heels sound is not a master for tera armors, or because they are in the wrong load order, as in heels sound mod is further down the load order then tera armors, which goes hand in hand with not being master as such, ensure that tera armors is further down the load order then Heels sound.esm and also ensure that heels sound is a master of Tera Armors. then follow the steps above.

Note: you will be able to see if Heels sound.esm is a master to Tera Armors. either by loading Tera Armors.esp on its own, and Heels sound will automatically load with it, or by checking in a mod manger, when you click on Tera Armors.esp, and should show Heels sounds.esm as a mod requirement.

I strongly suspect this is indeed a load order issue, which then very likely means that Heels sound is not a master for tera armors. the steps above will fix this issue, if that is indeed the case :wink:

if this advise does not work, let me know, and i will then go ahead and install the heels sound mod, and walk you through the process. id imagine i will figure this out pretty quickly as i have a lot of expereince with xEdit :smile:

Edited by G4M3W1NN3R

Got it to work now.

The reason I got the error was because I did not save and close after adding Heel Sound as master to Tera Armours, this was not mentioned in the tutorial for Heel Sound.

Thanks so much for the help.

Edited by Kathalie