Having issues with SKSE LE

selunesmom

I've gone thru and checked all of my mods - load order is good, mods are cleaned, patches are done, Bash patch made and in use, mods safely merged - and all trouble shooting is telling me that the issue is somehow with SKSE itself - core game even without DLC won't open with it. (Game will crash if mods requiring it are loaded and game is run thru vanilla launcher as well.) Is there something I can do to fix it?

Currently using the most recent versions of Jip and all other installed add-ons to SKSE. Would stepping back to an older version of Jip help, or is there something else I can try?

Game crashes after intro movie before bringing up the menu.

it is nearly impossible that there is a problem with SKSE LE itself, however the problem can be in a mod that uses SKSE and has such scripts, if you run the base game you don't need SKSE, as it is only a script extender by essence and you need to run skyrim with mods through SKSE.. If you get a CTD even when you don't run SKSE with the launcher, it may be that your skyrim does not have some dependencies it may need to reinstal VCredist_x86.exe or some other related software.. you could run through steam to verify your local data.. to see if anything is missing.. otherwise it may be best to do a clean instal of skyrim. reinstal the latest version of SKSE (at silverlock) and then test your base game through SKSE_loader.exe, if your game starts you will be good if not.. there is something missing

I've run it - base game and DLC - without SKSE and it runs fine. I've verified local files and that's fine. I've done the fresh install of SKSE. I've done the attempt to run the base game thru SKSE and *that's* where the crash is happening. So either there's a new version of SKSE that's more up to date than the one at silverlock, or it's not playing nice with JContainers, assorted SKSE extenders, anti crash extensions, and the animation loader. That's what my problem is.

Edited by selunesmom