Need help to mod

Wolf382

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I may have an idea of the cause of the problem ... load order.

The game loads mods in the order you now see them displayed in the OBMM left hand panel (the one with the tick marks), from top to bottom of the list. If they are in the wrong order there are things that will stop the game from starting (loading an ESP before the ESM or ESP it needs as a master).

There is a handy utility we can use to sort your load order into the correct order called BOSS.

The download from that link will download BOSS.Installer.exe and when you run that installer it will prompt you for where you want it installed. I have mine installed in a separate folder from the game but you can choose to install it in the Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion folder. The main difference is that then BOSS will only work for the game Oblivion, where if you install it in it's own folder outside of Oblivion it will work for any of it's supported games (Skyrim, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas or Nehrim).

Once you have it installed start the BOSS GUI (it may have put a shortcut on your desktop, otherwise you'll go through your Start button Programs list). In the BOSS GUI interface you'll see a button Run BOSS that should start it working. It will display a report (which you can just close after reviewing) and then you can close the BOSS GUI.

Start the game and see if it is now working.

Today is my day for grocery shopping (where I'm headed right now) and then any other running around town stuff I need to do so I'll be in and out of the house through the day. I'll check back in after the grocery store run in about an hour and a half.

OK ... no problem.

What I'd like you to do is in the left hand pane of OBMM deactivate the ESPs from the UOP (so that will be Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp, Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp and UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp) then the DLC Unofficial Patches (example DLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Patch.esp and DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp ... and all of those from that install) and finally the two from the Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch (so Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp and USIPS Additional Changes.esp).

Once all of those are deactivated in OBMM start the game to confirm that it will start.

If it starts fine then reactivate the Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp and test if the game starts. If it does work your way one at a time through all of those that we deactivated, testing for the game start in between.

When you get to the one that causes the game to not start report it back here and we'll figure out the problem.