Importing from NMM - Stuck at "Disable all mods in NMM"

RaliaKyrode

This is specifically for a Fallout 4 mod folder - It's time to get out of NMM since it's no longer being supported. It even surprised me when there was an option to import all the old mod data from NMM to Vortex, I assumed I'd have to rake through each game and download a fresh version of each mod from the website.
However, I'm stuck at the "Disable All Mods in NMM" step, as the title says. I've confirmed Vortex is looking at the right folder (It initially got confused, searching my boot drive instead of the drive I keep my games on), conversely that NMM is saving the mods and indexes to the place Vortex is looking, and making sure both from NMM and the ingame mod manager that all plugins are disabled. Is there anything anyone can think of to resolve this? I'm trying not to spend 10+ hours redownloading everything.

Your NMM download folder is not being affected by the Import.

Downloads are just that, they sit in the download folder, as zip, 7z, and rar files UNTOUCHED.

Then the Mod Manager, when you install a mod, unzips the zip, rar, 7z and places the files in a MOD STAGING folder, while leaving the mod zip, 7z, rar file in the Download folder.

I have an NMM Download folder from 2013 with all the mods I downloaded that's still intact, that I copied to my Vortex Download folder to install.

Once a mod is downloaded, it doesn't need to be downloaded every time you install it, unless you delete the mod zip archive.

How-Mod-Managers-Work-15-pct.jpg

Your NMM download folder is not being affected by the Import.

Downloads are just that, they sit in the download folder, as zip, 7z, and rar files UNTOUCHED.

Then the Mod Manager, when you install a mod, unzips the zip, rar, 7z and places the files in a MOD STAGING folder, while leaving the mod zip, 7z, rar file in the Download folder.

I have an NMM Download folder from 2013 with all the mods I downloaded that's still intact, that I copied to my Vortex Download folder to install.

Once a mod is downloaded, it doesn't need to be downloaded every time you install it, unless you delete the mod zip archive.

How-Mod-Managers-Work-15-pct.jpg

Thank you, thats good to know, the problem I'm facing though doesn't have to do with the downloads folder's location or contents, it's that Vortex thinks some mods are still enabled when I've gone through and explicitly disabled each one. Would clearing out my Fallout 4 data folder fix this?

Edited by JakeShifter