Precombined meshes. Some objects that have been deleted in CK remain in the game.

orangedeal

Thank you for your advices. At first I discovered that I was naming the file with the archive incorrectly (I did not add the "main" word). Then I realized that CK was to blame (I`m also to blame, albeit a little :ermm: ) - during Visibility operations, an error appeared about the expiration of the Umbra 3 Optimizer license. CK loaded the processor and did something, apparently, optimized it, but the Vis folder did not appear.

I used an outdated version of CK, because I was always afraid of problems. My game ver 1.9.4 and I don't want to update it to 1.10. If I use CK 1.10, then the files saved with it are not loaded by the game. Only today I realized that there is an SE plugin that can remove this check, or I can change the plugin header using FO4Edit.

Now I do it all with CK 1.10 and it works!

I am now worried about the thought - I removed a lot of small objects from different parts of the world, such as turrets, sandbags and so on. I'm afraid that I will have to do hundreds of such optimizations. Can I do everything by restarting CK many times and saving the plugin each time, filling the meshes\ PreCombined and Vis folders and only then create one archive?

In principle, the drop in performance without optimization is noticeable mainly in Boston and only with uGridsToLoad=7. At 5, there is no need for optimization. But 5 is too little and boring. I can restart the game and change 7 to 5 (using the cmd file to make it faster) if I want to wander around Boston, but it's better to optimize so that it's not necessary to restart the game.

I've never done this in CommonWealth Worldspace so make a copy of your esp before you start, precombines can make a mod a little screwy.

When I started tinkering with the mod for myself 3.5 years ago, I always backed up these esp files, and as a result, I accumulated several gigabytes of them. Do I understand correctly that any changes can be reverted by removing the corresponding entries from the plugin in FO4Edit? I got the impression that yes.

Edited by orangedeal