[LE] Mod Dependency Accident: Unlink Possible?

Gorgopis

Hello Experts:

Over time, I created a large multiple-NPC mod, started when I was a newer modder, and I unknowingly set Climates of Tamriel as a parent to my mod.

I continued like this blissfully for some time, but now realize, I didn’t really need CoT to be the parent, as all I needed were the requirements of the base game.

Is there any way to “de-link” the unnecessary CoT as the parent, and retain or repackage my work?

I fear not. But maybe my inexperience has missed a workaround?

Thanks!

Edited by Gorgopis

Open your mod in TESVedit, right click on it, Clean Masters & save your plugin. Got that when I googled. Haven't tried it.

below that post someone said:

Open your mod in TESVedit, right click on it, Apply Script, select the one called Report master, click ok, select the master(s) file(s), click ok.

@IsharaMeradin (glad you’re still a Lurker), and @greyday01,

THANKS. You inspired me to reformulate my question and try “googling.” I found an EZ fix.

For anyone who makes an unnecessarily dependent mod, the CK allows you to load it up, keeping the dependency in the data window, setting your mod as active, and then in the right side of the data window, under “Parent Masters” right click on the unnecessary “Parent” and hit alt-delete.

Save. Exit. Fire up TESVedit and clean. Mod is working in-game as expected.

Update.

Even though I severed dependencies in CK, for my currently playing profile in Vortex, and achieved satisfactory gameplay, I experienced game-crashing texture artifacts when I played the game with my mod under a differently enabled profile in Vortex.

I am not sure how tes5edit results are seen or not seen when other profiles in Vortex are enabled.In fact, when I enabled a different profile, I could no longer find the tes5edit executable in my program files.

I have since created tes5edit shortcuts to my desktop, and we shall see what happens.

If anyone is reading, and doesn’t mind kibbitzing, great!