foullows

This is my first post, as I usually try to figure out problems on my own. However, I seem to be the only one having this problem with the Creation Kit. I can't drag a mesh from the object window into the render window. Occasionally the object will show in the render window, but 95% of the time nothing shows. Sometimes I can load a different faraway cell and come back and it will show the object, but that only works part of the time. Also sometimes the cell window will show the meshes listed in the cell, and I double click on it, but all it does is center in on nothing in the render window. I've also tried hitting F5, and that never works.

I find this very frustrating, as this seems like a very basic function of the editor and integral to doing any sort of serious modding in Skyrim. I'm not a super modder by any stretch of the imagination, but I have been doing some light modding since Morrowind and I have never been so frustrated by the current creation kit. Things that should just work don't. I could list probably a half dozen other issues that the Creation Kit fails to do, but this is the most pressing issue right now. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.