Weapon Model Acting Bizzarely In-Game

Manan6619

I am trying to use the HD textures from the Weapon Retexture Project on the standalone Silenced 10mm Pistol added by Tale of Two Wastelands. As far as I know, simply replacing the original model for the pistol with WRP's model in FNVedit should have worked; the 10mm Pistol with the silencer attachment in New Vegas uses the same model from the original Fallout 3 weapon.

However, this doesn't seem to work. Even though the pistol with the mod in New Vegas and Fallout 3's standalone version use the same model, replacing the Silenced 10mm Pistol's model with WRP's version doesn't produce the result I expect.
FNVedit:

VranifU.png

First person in-game:

48TFFyj.png

Now, what makes this absolutely bizarre to me is that the weapon renders as I had intended it to, but ONLY if it's on my back via the One Man Army mod. If I try equipping it in my hand, the issue persists.
3rd person, equipped normally:

vCstuYp.png

3rd person, displayed by a cosmetic mod:

0HVPLgI.png

So, yeah, I'm stumped. By default the game does not accept my changes, but a random mod understands what I'm trying to do. What the heck??

One thing I noticed right off in your FNVEdit screenshot (because I was looking for it as soon as you mentioned WRP) is the path to the NIF doesn't match those in the other plugins (i.e. "MMP\weapons\1handpistol\..." vs "weapons\1HandPistol\...". In "Weapon Retexture Project" (WRP) v1.95, the package has a "non-standard" folder structure. The game engine is expecting "standard" folder paths to begin immediately underneath the "Data" folder, so "Data\MMP" is "non-standard" where "Data\weapons" is expected. Later versions of WRP were repackaged to avoid this problem, but it can cause issues with determining the correct compatible files.

-Dubious-

Well, I found the solution and I'm disappointed in myself for a couple of reasons.

One, the issue with the patch I made was simply just I had used 'WRP1stPerson10mmPistol' as the Silenced 10mm's first person model, instead of 'WRP1stPerson10mmPistolSilenced', with the latter being the correct one to use for very obvious reasons.

Two, the thing that made me realize this was comparing it to the official TTW patch, which is available right in the files section for WRP, and was definitely available when I downloaded it.

Anyway, thanks for mentioning the folder structures, it was what got me back looking at the WRP files section and ended up with me finding the proper TTW patch (although, having downloaded and looked over its changes, I'm happy to say I had already done most of them for myself as they were supposed to have been done). One thing to note, WRP v1.95 appears to have actually been the version with the standard folder structure, with the newer versions deviating from that standard -- not the other way around. Not that it mattered; I just needed to actually assign the correct first person model in FNVedit, standard folder structure or no.

Thanks for the response!