Repair Fallen Robots (please read)

ImmortalAbsol

So I make a lot of requests that go nowhere but this one would mean a heck of a lot to me.

So kinda similar to 'restore power armor frames' I would like to go up to a fallen (dead) robot and fix (resurrect) it, and not only that, it would come back as an Automatron actor if it wasn't already.

Thus allowing you to take it to a workbench, paint it, restore limbs and armour etc.

Robots that are scripted to die or you are forced to fight can now be rescued.

Sarge gets to continue protecting The Castle with a fresh coat of Minuteman paint, Hurts survives Ada's Caravan's ambush,

The long lived Assaultron in the disused Institute wing can be revived and given Institute paint, Curies old body could be rebooted and called C.V.R.I.E. to imply closer to intended programming (no talk about becoming human or dislike of being in a vault).

Any named and/or unique Robot that dies tragically or unnecessarily can be turned into and Automatron and given another chance.

Paint jobs and such depend on other mods obviously, but perhaps Protectrons Expanded and Laurant's Robot Skins should be required.

If anyone takes this on I will do anything I can to help, I imagine something like Supercharged Robot Repair Kits the you need to have found a Total Hack magazine-manual for, but still requiring a few maxed skills like Robotics Expert, Hacker and Science (maybe having Medic let's you revive the Far Harbor Robobrain).

Please take this into consideration.

Kind regards,

ImmortalA

P.S.

Stretch goal like afterthought features;

This still leaves a few robots that don't have to die but it would be nice to repair/paint and/or re-home them but I'm not sure how it would be integrated.

Like the Proto Sentry Bot, Easy City Racers, USS Constitution Crew, perhaps robot workbenches already on location but only usable once the quest is complete/the area is cleared.

It would be cool to fix/paint the armour plating of bots you wouldn't want to recruit (to preserve original NPC AI and gameplay purpose.