fo4 blackface bug

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

dragonfire967

dragonfire967

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 3 posts

Hello, I am having an issue with the blackface bug that was introduced with the High Resolution Texture Pack DLC.  I have tried using the mod "High Res DLC Black Face Fix" as was suggested in an old thread, and that did nothing to fix my issue.

Below is a screenshot of my issue (NSFW warning), as well as my current load order via LOOT:

Load Order:

Spoiler

Blackface Bug Image:

Spoiler

I have no idea what is causing this, so any help would be greatly appreciated.  This is my first time modding FO4.  I have modded SkyrimSE without these issues in the past.

robotized

robotized

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 429 posts

I have my doubts about the Rusty Face Fix and Real HD Face Texture. And if you also have the HD DLC, things might get messy. But take this with a grain of salt. Try without one of the mods, then try without the other, and finally try without both.

Black face usually means that you have installed face textures(probably as loose files), that are different resolution than vanilla ones(inside ba2 archive). Face textures, as many others in the game, consist of: diffuse, normal and specular maps. Even if one of these texture files is different resolution, you will get the black face. Also keep in mind that loose files have a priority over BA2 archives. Check if you have installed face texture as loose files, without a plugin.

dragonfire967

dragonfire967

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 3 posts

Sorry for the late response to your reply, robotized

I was able to finally get it resolved by getting rid of the body mod I was using, and replacing with Fusion Girl (I also had to rework some of my other body/face/clothing mods as well due to this changeover).  I wound up getting rid of the rusty face mod and the real hd face texture.  Now it works without any issues, and my character looks great.

Not entirely sure if it was an issue with the body mod I was using, or either of those two face mods, as it kept having the same issue with and without them (tried one then the other, then none at all for the face mods as you suggested.  No dice).

Also, in regards to your last comment regarding BA2 vs Loose Files.  Whenever I am installing mods, I always make sure they are BA2 Archives.  I only use Loose Files when I have no choice for a mod that I really want to use.  I just find it easier to manage and organize my mods that way.

robotized

robotized

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 429 posts
There must have been some sort of conflict( with texture resolution), that's what I think. But it doesn't matter. The important thing is that the problem is gone now.
I understand what you mean. BA2 are supposed to have better performance. And yes, you can keep better track of what has a priority or not, through the plugins' load order.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fo4, blackface, bug

Page loaded in: 1.081 seconds