Need help with LOD/Draw distance fail

febrian60

Some background:

These 2 days i encountered a problem with LOD failing to load textures and it's content (trees, dungeon, npc) mostly in solitude region (near fort hartstag).

From some troubleshooting i've done, it is either ini problem or mod problem. I suspect this because i've done both verify integrity and reinstall, with my mo2 main profile problem persist.

I tried making another profile with only mods that modify enviroment, some fixes and unofficial patch in hope of founding the source of problem, but it turns out the game is now running fine? I walk to hartstag from solitude with no problem.

So my question is, which one is more likely to cause this problem? npc, housing, animation, clothing, body or physics can cause this? Or is it my ini settings? I'm using bethini high with tweak and sun transition turned off, rest is according to bethini.

I can't post my load order since i'm traveling this weekend (no pc), but i'm hoping to get some general help/advices. Thank you and sorry that english is not my first language.

LOD issues are usually connected to mods that change buildings and/or landscape. E.g. there can be conflicts with mods that already come with LOD textures and/or meshes. So I'd look at mods in the landscape / buildings / housing department first.

In general, landscape follows the same basic rules as everything else: The plugin loaded last wins in case of conflict. So load order is important with housing mods an the like, too. I once had a problem with LOD from another mod blocking parts of the backyard of a player home. Playing around with my load order a bit solved the issue.

Unfortunately, there's also an engine bug: Sometimes the game doesn't update LOD meshes and textures correctly, meaning you can get LOD testures and meshes on top of the actual in game environment. From my experience I'd say that the Solitude region is prone to this kind of bug. Unfortunately there's nothing users can do about it. So maybe this can't be solved completely....