Command cl rim and cl fill

FriendlyNPC

Hey guys!

I am having trouble using the "cl" commands ingame! If i type cl the game tells me that its on and to what scale cl rim and cl fill are set. BUT if I try to adjust the numbers myself or even deactivate it it just shows noe effect at all! I played F4 with those settings because those "face light" mods are one of the biggest CTD maker of all mods. Is it normal that "cl rim" or "cl fill" does not have an effect in SSE? Or is something wrong on my end? Any help is much appreciated! Have a nice weekend!

I never heard of these commands and didn't knew for what they do. But a little search gives me a steam website for the LE version, but i think it works on SE too. Maybe it helps you

Thx for your answer. Yes that is exactly what I told in my post. But those commands dont have an effect for me. That why I am asking if someone else has an effect if messing around with cl rim and cl fill

This mod should simplify things for you.

Link: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/38624

Thx for your reply, but I dont want to deactivate it... like I said I want to tweak it! I just want to know if YOU can use the console commands or is it some of my mods that hinders just ME... I never tried the command on an unmoded game.

I'll see if I can get the commands to work soon, I have to install the game later tonight, then I'll check it out quickly for you. Are you using any lighting mods by chance? I would like to try it in Vanilla and modded.

Oh that is awesome that you are doing such a thing for a stranger much appreciated! Yes I am using "Enhanced Lights and FX" the mod is somewhat old and not uptodate but it seems to be still the most popular one eventhough I myself do expirience weird light flickering e.g. the shrine for alternate start would turn off the light if i look slightly to the side of it.

thx again!

EDIT: I dont know if it was clear from my first post but I was using those 2 commands in Fallout 4 all the time to avoid using the mod "photo light". Those 2 commands are even mentioned by a user in the comment section of mentioned mod.

Edited by FriendlyNPC

So I tested these commands with and without a lighting mod, and was unable to see any difference. I tried values higher and lower than default values and no dice. I was able to turn character lighting on and off just fine though. The console does not reject the commands, which implies they're supposed to work, but nothing happens. Honestly, I'm not really sure why they're is an issue if these are valid commands (which they certainly appear to be). There is an improved Face Light mod that has mostly gotten rid of CTD's. The mod page goes into detail as to what they've fixed over the original, and what conditions may cause CTD's. You might want to look into it. I've used it before and had no issues, though I never had many problems with the original Face Light either. Sorry I wasn't able to figure something out with those console commands.

Link: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/33297

So I tested these commands with and without a lighting mod, and was unable to see any difference. I tried values higher and lower than default values and no dice. I was able to turn character lighting on and off just fine though. The console does not reject the commands, which implies they're supposed to work, but nothing happens. Honestly, I'm not really sure why they're is an issue if these are valid commands (which they certainly appear to be). There is an improved Face Light mod that has mostly gotten rid of CTD's. The mod page goes into detail as to what they've fixed over the original, and what conditions may cause CTD's. You might want to look into it. I've used it before and had no issues, though I never had many problems with the original Face Light either. Sorry I wasn't able to figure something out with those console commands.

Link: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/33297

thank you once again for your help! that was what I was afraid off. Kudos from me!