Positive response will not trigger quest

WhiteTuxGroom

UPDATE: I fixed the error by adding a few lines in Fallout4Custom.ini

Once I get back to my PC, Iâll update this thread with what I used for those who have similar issues.

Hello there, long time programmer/coder, and decided to try my hand at Bethesda's creation kit for Fallout 4 due to being one of my favorite franchises.

ÃÂ

I've been teaching myself mostly through viewing the source of Bethesda created Quests etc, and now I've gotten stuck for the past day on attempting to trigger my quest. I've searched these forums, google everything. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

ÃÂ

Basically, the quest I'm working on must be given by a NPC which I created and placed in Sanctuary.ÃÂ Loading a clean save, I approach my NPC, click E, and my player greets the NPC as usual and the NPC responds with the correct greeting I wrote for her to say.ÃÂ Then the player dialog box opens with 4 options, but the one option (positive response) that is set to trigger the quest to begin is completely blank.ÃÂ The prompt is supposed to say "I'll help" but it is blank and will not select.

ÃÂ

I've rearranged scripts, aliases, stages, objectives, changed GetIsID to GetIsAliasRef instead. Start game enabled is enabled.ÃÂ

The first stage I've created is 0, and the stage that triggers the quest is 10. So I've made sure that the GetStage is 10.00, and set the QE to Objective 10.ÃÂ ÃÂ

ÃÂ

No matter what I've tried, I cannot select the proper prompt to trigger the quest as it was made completely invisible. I attempted to trigger the quest also by placing the "GetStage 10" in the greeting, but then the NPC will not speak at all, which narrows the error down so I know there seems to be some sort of error with triggering stage 10.ÃÂ Attached is a picture for reference.ÃÂ

ÃÂ

Thank you all so much in advanced for your help!

ÃÂ

Edit: Iâve redone an entire quest on a separate plugin, then messed around with both plugins and have narrowed down the problem. (I fixed the dialog issue with the missing prompt)

So here is the chain of events that lead up to the issue Iâm still experiencing.

- I CoC to the cell from the menu.

- I approach my NPC who says the proper greeting, immediately follows by player dialogue (all 4 options).

-Positive response is supposed to trigger Stage 10, ultimately showing that the quest has been started and you receive your first objective. Instead, the NPC finishes her dialogue and it backs out to right where I was.

-SQV the Quest ID, and it shows that the quest is in fact running and I am in fact on stage 10. All of the aliases are in fact filled.

I know there has to be some sort of solution. The quest activated in the background, but in the foreground it is not presented. It is not located on the Pipboy, it doesnât show any objectives, nothing.

I do have SetObjectiveDispalyed(10), etc throughout my stages. My quest data page is also filled out correctly. I can upload pictures, but Iâm wondering if anyone else who has experienced this knows of a quick fix for this undeniable user-error.

Thank you!

Edited by WhiteTuxGroom

What conditions did you place under the positive greeting?

Also, SQV won't trigger anything, but instead will just show if a quest is running, the stage it's currently on, as well as any aliases that are filled (or not).

Hey there. Thanks for the response,

Iâm at work at the moment, but I believe I have it as

GetIsAliasRef > QuestGivingNPC > 1.00

GetStage > MyQuest > 10.00 (First stage w/ objectives)

I originally had GetIsID instead of GetIsAlisRef, but Iâve been reading it helps to use GetIsAliasRef.

Edited by WhiteTuxGroom

Update, I decided to create a new plugin, with essentially all the same details and redo it incase I messed something up somewhere. This time, when I walk up to my quest giving NPC, my positive response is now visible and I can click it. But the player stateâs his line, but the dialogue shuts off and the NPC doesnât respond, keeping the quest from starting up.

If I delete the conditions under the positive response, the NPC will state her line but it will not turn to stage 10. Once I put my conditions in the box, it shuts down the dialog not even allowing the quest to begin. I checked the SQV and it states that the quest IS running, and Iâm on stage 0. Iâm pretty stuck with this. I appreciate anyoneâs help!