[LE] New Mod Author Help

MesaSolar

Hey everybody,

I have some experience modding Fallout 4 but decided to give Skyrim a try.

Noticed something weird about the CK. It looks like cells aren't loading properly even after pressing F5 to refresh the screen. I'm missing some landscaping and NPC's. I also don't see any idle markers.

Working on adding a couple of NPC's to Whiterun right now but don't want to drop them right on top of another one.

So is this just a bug in the Skyrim CK or is there a way to fix this?

Hey, your situarion sounds familiar. I always do the following:

- rightclick in render window

- select "render window properties"

- click the "misc" tab

- set "grids to load" to 15

- click apply

- wait (time depends on your system, sometimes it takes a couple of minutes, I watch a little south park...)

- and everything renders properly!

Hope it helps, let me know

Hey, your situarion sounds familiar. I always do the following:

- rightclick in render window

- select "render window properties"

- click the "misc" tab

- set "grids to load" to 15

- click apply

- wait (time depends on your system, sometimes it takes a couple of minutes, I watch a little south park...)

- and everything renders properly!

Hope it helps, let me know

Thanks for that. I've noticed that if I go to an interior space, then view the linked door to the world everything seems to load properly as well. A bit of a pain but it seems to fix the problem.

Nice trick. Are you sure that will not set your grids in the mod too. I've never tied this. Not even sure that would matter ...

I just know grids are kind of touchy from the prefs. Changing the grids in the Creation Kit sounds like it would end up being problematic.

If it's just that you're not seeing distant landscape that is how it is to look from the CK. The other things you mentioned are toggled by keys.

Edited by NexusComa2

If you want to work in Whiterun, make sure you are loading WhiterunWorld, the inside of the city. Otherwise, if you're in Tamriel world looking at Whiterun cells, you're only seeing LOD.

(The load doors from interiors are taking you to the proper WhiterunWorld, that's why you see things)

Hey,

Render Window properties set... well... the render window properties! It changes nothing in your mod.

Just dont push it. Dont go above 20... 15 seems to be the magic number.

Be weary, sometimes it crashes the CK. But then again, what doesn't?

The CK only crashes when you try to play a sound. Turn sounds off in prefs and your CK will never crash.

Or hit something that plays a sound. With sound off it is solid as a rock. If you try this the CK will not auto close when you exit however. You will have to hit the close a few times and then say yes to close program. Way better than the crash that kills all your work. Been doing it this way for years never had a problem at all.

Edited by NexusComa2