Fallout 4 Maintaining Stability

EquestrianMidnight

Ah, I'll mention this, just in case. I have 273 plugins installed in total. That's 218 ESPs, 20 ESMs, and 35 ESLs. If that's unhealthy, someone do let me know. Thanks.

No, I think that is just about fine.

As far as I know, the limit is 256 loaded ESMs and ESPs, but one of those "slots" will get used for the ESLs.

Do you use Mod Organizer 2 or any other "mod manager"?

Edited by YouDoNotKnowMyName

...I might've just solved this. My most recently installed mod was the Natasha Face Texture mod and upon disabling it, I've played for almost 2 hours in one testing session and then for about an hour and a half in a normal play session with no problems (except for some unusually long save times that occured 3 times in the play session). I never knew texture mods could cause that sort of issue, I guess it was too much for my memory to handle alongside the 4K skin mod I have installed as well.

I shall keep testing, but if I do not reply here, consider this issue solved... I friggin hope after almost 4 damn days of trying.

...I might've just solved this. My most recently installed mod was the Natasha Face Texture mod and upon disabling it, I've played for almost 2 hours in one testing session and then for about an hour and a half in a normal play session with no problems (except for some unusually long save times that occured 3 times in the play session). I never knew texture mods could cause that sort of issue, I guess it was too much for my memory to handle alongside the 4K skin mod I have installed as well.

I shall keep testing, but if I do not reply here, consider this issue solved... I friggin hope after almost 4 damn days of trying.

Ughh ...

Yes, textures, if not properly done, can cause all sorts of problems. Game crashes beeing one of them.

I personally don't use any "4K textures", because I personally just don't care about "good graphics", I care more about the actual gameplay ...

(But mods that have lots of scripts can also cause the same problems, so I am not "better off" then you :laugh: )

A few years ago I used to play lots of Skyrim on my old crappy laprop, so I really got used to "bad graphics" ...

But that's the beauty of modding: Everybody can make the game into whatever they want. The "best mods" are the ones that you like, not everybody else ...

Crappy textures, yep. Those shouldn't do anything, right? So I thought until I played Skyrim on launch day and the game crashed three out of five times when I tried to open the dragon claw door in Bleak Falls Barrow. It's not only 4k textures but also broken ones, especially in image sequences like the animated dust on those dragon claw doors.

Crappy textures, yep. Those shouldn't do anything, right? So I thought until I played Skyrim on launch day and the game crashed three out of five times when I tried to open the dragon claw door in Bleak Falls Barrow. It's not only 4k textures but also broken ones, especially in image sequences like the animated dust on those dragon claw doors.

That's what I ment ...

Broken textures will lead to crashes ...

Large textures (4K 8K ...) will just use more RAM / GPU-"power" ...

Large broken textures will do all of the above :laugh: