Kill Cam Recorder

crumbletron

This mod isn't necessarily for Skyrim itself, but it would require the use of the game.

I got the idea while I was searching for cool desktop wallpapers. Skyrim has offered many beautiful scenic views and heroic battles, along with tough looking heroes as well. These images make great backgrounds, but when the computer goes idle for a while, my screensaver causes my screen to simply go black. Now while this has never bothered me in the past, I got to thinking how awesome it would be to relive some of my own heroic moments in Skyrim.

Is it possible to take an external program, such as Fraps, and use it with Skyrim. My thought was to somehow make Fraps, for instance, automatically begin a recording as soon as the kill cam is activated, recording your bloody finish to a fight. The recording would obviously stop when the kill cam scene ended. The video segment could be archived with all your other killing blows, eventually creating a potentially extensive library of unique killshots with your bow, or explosive deaths with your fireball spell, and the ol' double sword slice. I would just like to have those violent scenes stored, which I could access later with some kind of screensaver application and have my awesomeness on loop while I'm not actively playing the game.

Although this isn't necessarily a mod which affects the gameplay of Skyrim, I believe it would be highly valued by more than just myself.

I've got a few screenshots of my kill moves. It's not easy to do, but if you go bonkers on the print screen button, it should work.

Though uploading your bloody and gruesome kills to various sites DOES sound like fun :D

Actually, you only need a screensaver if your have a CRT monitor.

If it's a TFC or an LED, then you don't need it. Misrosoft left them there only because some people use them ''just in case'' or they got used to it.

That, or they're those screensavers where you watch a guy going through a maze and guide him by pointing left or right with your hand. Those screensaves were awesome and magical.

Of course, it turns out they subliminally hinted that the guy would always turn left when left was a hall he didn't go down, and otherwise he'd go right; somehow it convinced you to point in the direction he was going to go without your realizing it.

• 3 weeks later...