Seeking Testers for Male Version of Hedge Mage Armor

Tathrin

I've created an (admittedly rather novice) male version of the gorgeous Hedge Mage Armor and was hoping some of you lovely and talented people might be willing to take it for a test run before I approach Elleh about sending them the mesh files or uploading it as a patch etc.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ja_jWmBAsuFy_kMBjvB7IVCJY_4XR42Y/view?usp=sharing

This file contains the complete Hedge Mage Armor mod (quest version) rather than being a patch, so you do not need to have the Hedge Mage Armor mod installed already to test it. In you do have Hedge Mage Armor (any version) already installed in your game, please temporarily disable it or install this test file to a new profile to avoid conflicts! Alternatively you can take the loose mesh files and add them into the mod in the CK yourself and test them that way.

The armor should have the same beast race support that the original mod did, as I created new male-sized meshes for all the armor parts except for the gloves. (If you think I need to make gloves too let me know, but they seemed okay to me.) If you notice any major clipping, sizing issues, missing parts, or other flaws, please let me know!

Edited by Tathrin

Got an issue:

FIrst I dl just your mod, but you said:

This file contains the complete Hedge Mage Armor mod (quest version) rather than being a patch, so you do not need to have the Hedge Mage Armor mod installed already to test it

So the quest doesn't start, I used addmenuitem to get the armor, and I got invisible (except for the head)

So I dl the original mod and tried again. Then I got the quest and the full set given. So I used again AMI to remove the set and take back the one from your mod, but same, invisible except the gloves.

Edit: Does the armor only works with Argo and Khajit ? Since the original one use human for the screenshot, I assumed yours would do the same, am I right ?

You messed up when you packaged the mod, the .esp file should be in the Data folder, not separate, otherwise either: the .esp file ends up in the main Skyrim directory or, the meshes and textures get installed in the wrong place and the mod can't find them and you end up with invisible body parts.

Is it supposed to have gauntlets?

I didn't get any quest, but I didn't start a new game either, so maybe that was it? I consoled myself the set and it looked good.

Oh hell, if that isn't a prime example of 2020 Brain at work, I don't know what is...thank you! I've repackaged it all and changed the link to the corrected version, it should work now for testing if anyone else wants to take a look at it! Also Ghozgul, if you want to try it again, it should work now! I expect the reason the armor didn't show-up with the original mod downloaded is because the original version of the armor doesn't have anything linked for the male body, and it overwrote my additions.

Oh and saurusmaximus, you get the quest by going to Rorikstead, and then checking the hills south (I think it's south) of the town for the hedge mage's camp. It also may not have worked because I screwed up and packed it wrong lol...but thanks for going to the effort of checking the armor out anyway! I super appreciate it!

P.S. I didn't make specific male gloves because I thought the female set looked fine on my character, but if you think I should let me know and I will!

Edited by Tathrin

Oh my gosh, thank you so much for sharing your screenshots, that is awesome! (Also, love your character's face.) I've asked Elleh for permission to either send them the meshes for inclusion in the main mod or to post it myself as a patch, so cross your fingers that we hear back! Should I be allowed to upload it as a patch, would you be willing to let me include your screenshots? (I'll give credit, of course.) The armor looks so good on your dude!

And good luck with the quest -- I hope it works for you, because it's a charmingly immersive way of getting the armor, imo much more fun than just finding it in a chest somewhere or crafting it yourself like is usually done with modded items.

I'll take one for you tonight when I get home and can boot-up the game! In the meantime, there should be a quest marker for it -- did you go to Rorikstead? Try walking from one end of the town to the other, if the quest didn't start automatically; maybe you just missed the trigger box.

Sorry Ghozgul, I was wrong! It turns out there isn't a quest marker, but it's still pretty easy to find! The town above the camp in the picture is Rorikstead. When you leave Rorikstead, take the road south until you notice a compass marker for a camp to the west. (If you run into Forsworn, you've gone too far; head back south-east a little until you reach the smaller camp.) Follow that into the hills...and watch your step! :wink:

40967-1601443812-861150870.png

Edited by Tathrin