How to get NPCS to wear "armor" over "clothing"?

Good evening everybody!

I am currently working on a custom worldspace mod and at the moment I am creating some of the NPCs for that.

One of those NPCs will have a "robotic arm".

I thought and easy way to implement this would be to use a "right arm piece" of the "marine armor" from the FarHarbor DLC and just retexture it to look more "shiny".

But I can't get it to show up over the clothing.

Do I need to change some setting for that armor piece and the clothing in the CK?

If so, what do I need to edit?

I am specifically talking about using it "over" the "Lab Coat" - clothing.

I don't really care about clipping.

If the cloth under it "clips" through the armor piece, I will just make that part of the clothing texture transparent.

There's a subsection of the clothing that defines what parts of the body will be used by the clothing/armor piece. Try playing around with those

Ok, I will try that ...

And get a profile picture, you are posting too much not to have one :wink:

I will think about something for that as well ...

Hmmmm...

It seems like I am stuck here ...

I have set up the "armor addon" for the labcoat to be the same as the "vault suit" (that can be worn under other armor).

I have set up the "armor addon" for the armpiece to be the same as a "right arm leather armor piece" (that can be worn over the vault suit in the vanilla game).

I also changed the "slots" of the armor itself, not jsut of the armor addon, of course (like in the menu of the actual armor itself).

But it still does not work.

Sometimes after changing things around it shows up in the render window of the CK, but then when I save and go in the actual game, it is gone and only the labcoat shows up.

What could be going on here?

• 2 weeks later...

That mesh actually looks pretty good/credible!

Anywhooo, thought i'd share my idea for your profile pic...

72177348-1602196758.jpg

:laugh:

The "mesh" is just on of the FarHarbor armor pieces that I "retextured" completely white. (But left the normal map as it is ...)

Anyway, I tried to get the lab coat under the arm piece to be invisible or at least white, but it didn't work because it is "symetrical", so the "arm part" of the texture file will be applied to the left and the right arm ...

(I might just have to do a custom UV-mapping for that ...)

Edited by YouDoNotKnowMyName