Missing Master problem

mrebubbles

I'm trying to mod new vegas, but before the title screen text even shows up, the gmae crashes with the "missing Masters" error. I've tried using FNVedit to check the errors, but it doesn't show any. I don't know how to trouble shoot this very well, so help would be greatly appreciated.

My load order:

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
HonestHearts.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
TribalPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
ClassicPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
AWOPDeadMoney.esm
AWOPMonsterPatchVanilla.esm
Caliber.esm
Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.esm
CaliberXhonesthearts.esm
CaliberXgunrunners.esm
CFWNV.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
Project Nevada - Extra Options.esm
Interior Lighting Overhaul - Core.esm
Interior Lighting Overhaul - L38PS.esm
Weapon Retexture Project.esp
CFW-PN.esp
CFW-PN-DLC.esp
WMIMNV.esp
Vurt's WFO.esp
Mission Mojave - Ultimate Edition.esp
Sprint Mod.esp
CFW-DLC.esp
MMUE POP.esp
WMX-ModernWeapons.esp
MMUE-CP-WMX.esp
Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.Cheat.Cabinet.esp
Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.Store.esp
Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.CaliberX4+.Patch.esp
WeaponModsExpanded.esp
dD - Enhanced Blood Main NV.esp
CASM with MCM.esp
WMX-DLCMerged.esp
WMX-POPMerged.esp
Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.Leveled.Lists.esp
Weapons.of.the.New.Millenia.Honest.Hearts.Grunt.Patch.esp
AWOPDeadMoneyVendorPatch.esp
MMUE-CP-EVE.esp
MMUE-CP-PNCore.esp
MMUE-CP-PNEquipment.esp
MMUE-CP-PNALLDLC.esp
MMUE-CP-PNRebalance.esp
WMX-ArenovalisTextures.esp
AWOP WRP Patch.esp
MMUE-CP-AWOP.esp
EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp
WMX-EVE-AllDLCMerged.esp
MMUE-CP-NVInteriors.esp
MMUE-CP-ILO.esp
MMUE-CP-AWOP+NVInteriors.esp
Project Nevada - EVE All DLC.esp
Project Nevada - WMX.esp
Project Nevada - Cyberware Additions.esp
Project Nevada - Rebalance Complete.esp
Project Nevada - All DLC.esp
Interior Lighting Overhaul - Ultimate Edition.esp
ILO - GS Shack.esp
ILO - PipBoy Light.esp
ILO - A World of Pain.esp
Total active plugins: 69
Total plugins: 70

do you have all the masters needed for your mods? been a while so I don't know em well enough to call out like I used to...

There aren't any errors showing up in FOMM or in FNVedit. I'm fairly sure i have all the masters, but maybe all the compatibility patches have messed that up? I just wish it TOLD me what was missing its master...

You check the necessary masters in FOMM. Open FOMM and left click on each of your mods one at a time. In the bottom window, the name of the mod will be displayed along with the name of the master files.

Yep, did that first thing. There was nothing missing, no red texts or error messages. I'll reinstall it and check again though cause it's entirely possible I'm just blind.

An incorrectly sorted "load order" can also give you the "missing master" error.

* Don't install every optional file for a mod. Read the install instructions carefully. Optional files need to be selected on a "case by case" basis. For example: with any mod you usually only need one ESP (and possibly one ESM) "base" file depending upon whether you have all the DLCs active or not. Only if you don't have them all active do you need to install any specific DLC versions if there is an "Ultimate Edition/All/Merged DLC" version.

* "Compatibility patches" to make one mod work with another need to be placed after (as in "physically lower, higher numbered") in the "load order" than ALL of the plugins they are designed to make compatible. (This also applies to "fix" files.) ESMs should always be placed at the top (lowest numbered) positions in the "load order", followed by the related ESPs though they can be separated from their ESMs by other plugins. LOOT does a good job of determining those basic orders, but it is a "crutch". (The "Tale of Two Wastelands" site has A Guide for NOT using LOOT for those interested in learning how to manually manage their "load order" for themselves.) Getting the "load order" incorrect will cause "Missing Masters" errors as well. You can make minor adjustments to the order and tell LOOT how to remember them. It's in the on-line documentation under "Metadata".

FYI: The "pre-order packs" (aka "POPs": Caravan, Classic, Mercenary, and Tribal; available now in the "Courier's Stash" addon), are not considered "true DLC expansions" by most mods and are treated as "compatibility patches" to the base game because they just add certain unique items. So their absence should not deter you from using "All DLC Merged" plugins. Where they are included, they should come after "GunrunnersArsenal.ESM" which is a true DLC expansion. When in doubt, follow the process in the wiki "Missing Masters" article to confirm they are not "master files" for that plugin.

Examples I noticed:

CFW-PN.esp
CFW-PN-DLC.esp

CFW-DLC.esp [should go above PN-DLC if all three are actually required (not familiar with it)]

WMX-ModernWeapons.esp [needs to go below:]

WeaponModsExpanded.esp

Suggest you see if LOOT can't produce a better basic sort order you can then tweak as needed.

-Dubious-

• 5 months later...