Creation Kit. Is it an oxymoron?

monesq

I have been playing Fallout 4 since it came out. I have also played it modded on PC. I am interested in trying my hand in modding, so I thought I would mess around with a mod and change a weapon damage and make that weapon only available to the player. Simple enough. I loaded CK, clicked on the mod I wanted to modify, checked it as active, and waited. It finally loaded so I try to open the file, and there is no info for this particular weapon at all. All that I can find is the list of weapons in the base game. I have looked at several videos on how to open and edit modded files and have followed the instructions carefully. No luck, still stuck in the muck. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

It is not a modded weapon. The mod does not even show the weapon even though it is in the game. I must be doing something wrong. I had the esp loaded up once and was able to see the weapon, but I pressed the wrong button and could not save my edits. Now, I can't access the weapon in the mod.

Just to clarify (actually provide some info) these are the steps I am taking to open the esm and modify a specific weapon to be available only to the player.

1. Open CK

2. Open the esp, wait patiently (set it as active - have tried it both ways, active, not active)

3. Information pops up regarding errors (seems to happen with most mods).

4. In the top, CK indicates that the esp I want to edit is loaded.

5. I click on Items, then to the sub-menu weapons

6. I look through the weapons tab, and all I can find are the weapons associated with vanilla Fallout 4.

7. No reference to the esp I want to look at.

As an alternative,

open the mod in FO4edit to get some intel/inventory on your desired mod (keywords, form #s, editor ids, etc).

Then search inside CK.

The CK is a living nightmare of a UI/UX heap, as it does nothing to isolate base game schlock from workspace at all.

It actually gives me a headache just trying to focus through all the nonsense. :wallbash: