Patch for Carved Brink and Traveller's Inn

dakotallyawesome

These mods unfortunately edit the same cell! I *think* the main issue is just navmesh as once I get to a certain point, my followers stop in place.

As you approach the wooden walkway that leads up to the Traveller's Inn, you come across a small camp added by Carved Brink. And a little further ahead at the foot of the Traveller's Inn walkway, there are 3 Khajiits. Interacting with them is what starts you on Carved Brink's questline.

But before you get to their campsite all followers stop in their place.

When I walk forward and interact with the khajiit by myself, 2/3 manage to behave properly. The first Khajiit is sent away by the the other 2. The second khajiit attacks you after a bit of dialogue. And the third khajiit is supposed to run away, but he stands perfectly still and has no more dialogue, because he thinks he's running away from you into a nearby cave that's added by Carved Brink.

The entrance to this cave is actually underneath the first section of the wooden walkway, and is easily accessible to the player by hopping on some rocks. But NPC's would definitely have some trouble.

As it is, you can still continue the questline for Carved Brink with both mods installed. You just have to grit your teeth and get through the buggy-ness of two mods that just happened to use the same cell and move on from that point. But if you plan to travel back and forth to the Traveller's Inn often at all.. You'll have to deal with your followers not coming along with you. If I was savvy enough with the creation kit, I'd try to create a patch, but I'm afraid it's beyond me.

You can find Traveller's Inn here,

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/40146

And Carved Brink here,

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/24351

If anyone is interested in creating a patch, I have screenshots showing the conflicts.

I don't have high hopes, but thanks in advance!