Previous mods not being detected? (Steam)

TehOnyxStone

So I used to run Skyrim on a virtual machine for my Mac. But then I dual-booted so I copied over the game files from my Steam folder so I didn't have to download each one individually again. Well now I'm realizing it was a bad idea to do so as I transferred the modded version. I launched Nexus Mod manager with the expectation that it would recognize the previous mods and well, it didn't... Is there any way to save this or should I just start re-installing? :/

(Note: The Steam Workshop mods are recognized but not the ones installed by Nexus Mod Manager)

Edited by TehOnyxStone

Do you mean they're not showing up in the plugins list (the .esp and .esm files) or not showing as installed in the list of downloaded mods?

If it's the second one, that's most likely because you didn't copy over NMM's installlog.xml file which it uses to track which mods are installed, and which were merely downloaded.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem. In the last update NMM told me to delete all the old NMM files and directories. Well now the new NMM sees all my mods but thinks none are installed (all marked with a red X). What the hell? I'm not sure which mods are installed or not now as I had many on the machine but not all of them loaded! Arrrgh!!

I'm having the same problem. In the last update NMM told me to delete all the old NMM files and directories. Well now the new NMM sees all my mods but thinks none are installed (all marked with a red X). What the hell? I'm not sure which mods are installed or not now as I had many on the machine but not all of them loaded! Arrrgh!!

it's because you've overwritted the old version instead of uninstall it with all settings and then make a fresh install of the new one.

go to c:\my docs\my game\skyrim»»»modlist.txt

@@