How to edit a someone else's Mod

sightone

What if Creation Kit can't find the ESP? When I start CreationKit, my only options are the skyrim.esm and the dlc's esm.'s. It can't find any esps of mods i've downloaded. Is there a way to set the data directory for CreationKit to find it?

What if Creation Kit can't find the ESP? When I start CreationKit, my only options are the skyrim.esm and the dlc's esm.'s. It can't find any esps of mods i've downloaded. Is there a way to set the data directory for CreationKit to find it?

Check your game path in SkyrimEditorPrefs.ini in your skyrim folder

[General]

SFile Path=D:\Apps\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\

If you're using Mod Organizer, see this guide to set up CK so it can see all the mods in MO.

• 9 months later...

Hey,

I have to delete some Armors from "The Book of UUNP" because they crash my game, but i cant open the .esp at all.
After Ignore all errors that come up after loading skyrim.esp, a new error occurs. And after this one, the Creation Tool also crashes?

Help. Please.

"Assert

File: ..\TES Shared\misc\BGSLocalizedString.cpp

Line: 2871
LOCALIZATION: Error openiing or reading strings file."

You're going to probably have to reinstall the Creation Kit. Strings are the language files the program uses to display text and are supposed to be installed by the program installer.

If you get it running, make sure you don't just delete the armors (what I mean by that is don't right click the armor and hit "delete"; this is not how to remove items from your game and will cause you serious problems). If you want to remove them, you need to find where they're inserted into the game world (e.g., placed into cells or into leveled lists) and remove them from there. Or you can change their meshes to a file that is not bugged.

I don't use the "Book of UUNP" but it's a pretty popular mod. If your game is crashing you should make sure you've installed it correctly before you mess with the file, you might be missing some required files or a master file.

• 1 month later...

I downloaded the Blood Magic Spell Pack.Now in this there is a spell called Vampiric Drain.It's the standard Vampire Drain spell u get if your a Vampire.The Problem is that this Spell Pack overrites the in game Vampiric Drain. i play Requiem and its Drain Spell is far Superior.I was just wondering is it possible to edit the Mod and remove the Drain Spell entirely?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

i just want to edit a race mod maybe make the mythical male race with a androgynus face or at least without caved cheeks (seriously wtf is up with that shadow i cant get rid of it no matter what i do in race menu) but im also getting the error from ck that localization one