1120 replies to this topic

Site Bot

Site Bot

Fear me

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,020,129 posts
How to CLEAN your SAVEGAMES from BROKEN SCRIPTS - Tutorial - Solving CTD issues

As you know, any running scripts are actually embedded into .ess (savegame) files. Unlike Oblivion or Fallout 3, in Skyrim you can\'t just deactivate scripts by removing mods. That cause a lot of problems including script-based delays in the event processing and random game crashes. Often you have some issues with the mod, and you can\'t uninstall

Sleepytime

Sleepytime

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 6,294 posts
Someone point this out to Gopher so we can get Stiv back in action. :)

colin1990

colin1990

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
if this works i will love you im getting tons of mannequinscript errors

pedrohenrique23

pedrohenrique23

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
I'm going to try this in a old save that have a 85mb size. --------------Edit------------ Wow! Impressive, it went from 79mb to 8mb, no lag on saving or shuttering at all, if only i knew about this back then. Thanks anyway, going to keep this for later problems.

Edited by pedrohenrique23, 15 February 2013 - 12:20 AM.

tarathx

tarathx

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts
Oh man, if this actually does what i think it does. It'll be one of the biggest mods ever. The main problem is uninstalling old mods with scripts which leave nasty log spamming which cause problems. So now if i uninstall a script mod which leaves traces in the save game, i can actually use this mod(the instructions to be clear) to eradicate it of any trace in that save for good? I just want to make sure without raising my hopes up! But this looks promising, i might try it soon.

Edited by tarathx, 15 February 2013 - 12:00 AM.

sydney666

sydney666

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 5,701 posts
Would be nice to have an automated program that checks your load order and installed mods, then removes any scripts that are no longer attached AND also removing mods that are causing log errors.

Edited by sydney666, 15 February 2013 - 12:07 AM.

flexcreator

flexcreator

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,139 posts
@tarathx, the idea is very simple: you just remove all the script variables from the save (and the bytecode too). So there will be no reference or connection to the old mod. It's like you never installed it at all! However, this method doesn't fix any errors that are not related to scripts.

Edited by flexcreator, 15 February 2013 - 12:11 AM.

keizaalfeyn

keizaalfeyn

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,912 posts
i really hope this does what i think it does, if this works, then there are no words to express my gratitude. i am in need of something like this for 2 saves

Edited by keizaalfeyn, 15 February 2013 - 12:23 AM.

tarathx

tarathx

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts
Ah, thats wonderful then. But mostly the errors are because of rogue old scripts that the game tries to reference even when the mod is removed. What else other errors can be present that aren't related to scripts though?

flexcreator

flexcreator

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,139 posts
@tarathx, texture coordinates, broken meshes and so on... but they rarely cause CTD :)

Page loaded in: 1.000 seconds