• Please log in to reply
1120 replies to this topic

lokett33

lokett33

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey ! Great way on how to fix . But whenever I import and save it succeeds , but when I open the cleaned saves , it opens with the same scripts as the dirty ones , I tied impoting over and over again a lot of times , but it keeps on showing the same results .
Please reply ! :)

Kaselini

Kaselini

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts
I'm glad someone is working on this!
I'll just wait until it's bug free, seems like many people are having problems

DRAGONJOE69

DRAGONJOE69

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts
@Arklon Is this your opinion or Arthmoor's ? did you test this mod personally?

Edited by DRAGONJOE69, 18 February 2013 - 03:45 PM.

Elgar82

Elgar82

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,440 posts
Endorsed!

ragnaroklucifer

ragnaroklucifer

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
now we need to create a tool to choose what to remove

mannygt

mannygt

Resident poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,029 posts
@flexcreator: Yeah! Do you know any link about complete structure of Skyrim savegame?

I think that is what we need is the offset of every script stored in the BIN file.

Technically if I need to "zeroish" the Nth script, I need the offset of that script in the BIN or, at least, the structure of a script header, so I can "jump" Nth time by a search in the BIN.

Please, send me the structure file ESS :) tonight I'll investigate the BIN file!

MacKom

MacKom

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts
Decided to test this one on one of my older saves that for some reason had lower frame rate. Worked like a charm. There are some "bugs", tho (Aveline standing in front of Warmaidens with that guy, just like the first time you enter Whiterun, unable to exchange items with Serana (she won`t let me), getting no buffs from sleeping in my own bed even after re-purchasing my houses), BUT - I do believe this is the first step in the right direction, as "blunt" as it may be called by others.

So, to everyone standing on the side throwing comments, all I can say is - pitch in. The community really needs a tool and a method to fix save games. There hasn`t been a problem thrown at this modding community yet that didn`t somehow get solved. Even problems with baked-in scripts will be solvable some day.

dragonleet

dragonleet

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
+1 on all of MacKom's comments.

flexcreator

flexcreator

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,139 posts
@mannygt, there is no such thing as single script. So there will be no such thing as offset to the script.

Script = Strings + Associations + Variables + Code
EACH section is stored separately from others!!!

So what we have is one particular script divided into interdependent parts stored in different sections of BIN file. Of course, you can try to cut them all step by step and not to break the entire structure, good luck with that :D

Also, problems are not caused just by scripts. You can try to zero everything after the string table, and in some cases it won't help to solve your issue (CTD will continue in my case, for example). The game will find reference to the script by string in BIN, but will fail to find a body => CTD.

Personally, I think we should focus at restoring the values, not on cutting the bad scripts.

You can Google the ESS structure (Tes5Mod Save Game Format) if you want.

soulrelisher

soulrelisher

• Account closed
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Not working for me. I can load my save file but it refuses to save. CTD upon saving, even auto save and 'save dirtysave'. Problem still exist after cleaning. Tried backtracking several hours but nope, aint working. =(

Page loaded in: 0.969 seconds