How to CLEAN your SAVEGAMES from BROKEN SCRIPTS - Tutorial - Solving C

• Please log in to reply
1120 replies to this topic

scrivener07

scrivener07

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,837 posts

@cretin0us Do you have a link to proof of this? I believe you, I would just love to read the original article by the developers of SKSE.

Sorry, no links but the skse guys are testing a better solution. No promises though if it will make the next release or ever. This tutorial solves scripts issues like a lobotomy solves mental illness. 

This procedure should not be taken lightly is all Im saying. 

athense

athense

Protector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
So could I use this if I had a convient horses on the save uninstaleld it but kept the dirty save that had it before. Could I clean the old save?

joegreen

joegreen

Regular

• Account closed
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
This has worked out well. The short 1-2 second freezes every minute are gone, known CTD are gone, haven't had a random CTD since, and no problems except for the aftermath listed in the description. So far so good.

flexcreator

flexcreator

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,139 posts
@athense, you can clean the old save with this method, yes.
Can you play with it? No.

It's ok to revive your character for a few hours to try some things, shoot videos, etc... But If you want serious solution, better to wait.

flexcreator

flexcreator

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,139 posts
@Arthmoor,
> It is doing so by removing every single scrap of script data in the save. It's not a viable approach.

Ok. Why? I still can't see any other problem that is not linked with data inside the papyrus section.

qwbestplayer

qwbestplayer

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Adrianne Avenicci and Idolaf Battle-Born Been standing outside all day After I use this . Can you help me ?

Arthmoor

Arthmoor

Destroyer of Bugs

• Premium Member
  • 19,987 posts
@flexcreator: It's already been explained. Zeroing out the data is why. Not sure how else it can be explained.

Regardless, from the SKSE update that's just been released:

http://forums.bethso...st__p__22279576

- add console command ClearInvalidRegistrations to remove invalid OnUpdate() registrations
This prevents orphaned OnUpdate() events and the resulting bloated/broken saves when removing certain mods.
When applied to an already bloated save, it will stop growing further and instead shrink over time
as the game processes all queued events. This may take hours depending on the amount of bloat.
To execute automatically after each reload, add this to \Data\SKSE\skse.ini:
[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1

THAT is a perfectly safe method to use and won't leave you with a damaged game as a result.

Edited by Arthmoor, 20 February 2013 - 05:12 AM.

tonicmole

tonicmole

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
@Arthmoor You mean break someone's broken save? This is not for casual save cleaning. As you may have read in the description, or the readme (do you read readme's?) It is for when the save is beyond salvation aka broken. @flexcreator I had an idea but I haven't tried it yet. I was going to transplant the script data from an earlier save just to see what happens. So, say like with Sounds of Skyrim you play for 30 hours only to find the mod has been destroying your save. You could import the script data from your last none infected save. Minimizing the saves recovery....it couldn't hurt. First I'll delete all but one save and try it on that one!

Edited by tonicmole, 20 February 2013 - 05:17 AM.

etayorius

etayorius

Ultimate Mystic Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,453 posts
@Arthmoor - If that SKSE Version does the trick... i may finally use SKSE... all i need to do is install Latest SKSE and add that command into the General Skse.ini?? I donīt find SKSE.ini... haha... sorry, never used it before.

Edited by etayorius, 20 February 2013 - 05:48 AM.

cretin0us

cretin0us

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 156 posts
And there was much rejoicing.

Page loaded in: 0.995 seconds