How to CLEAN your SAVEGAMES from BROKEN SCRIPTS - Tutorial - Solving C

• Please log in to reply
1120 replies to this topic

Arthmoor

Arthmoor

Destroyer of Bugs

• Premium Member
  • 19,987 posts
@tonicmole: No. I mean break someone's save. Period.

Yes. I read readmes. I even WRITE them, so other people, like you, won't read them.

Beyond salvation means you should delete it and move on. *OR* try the newly released SKSE solution. But this tool? This one here on this page? It is not the solution. It will simply create all new problems.

As for your experiment with SoS, that's precisely the motivation behind the method the SKSE team cooked up. A way to salvage a game that's been ravaged by the kind of damage removing SoS does.

etayorius

etayorius

Ultimate Mystic Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,453 posts
Seriously... i donīt find the SKSE.ini inside Data/SKSE/ where is it? oh well i will just create the ini with a txt file.

flexcreator

flexcreator

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,139 posts
Just checked ClearInvalidRegistrations with the old save and it didn't help to resolve my problem :/ Ok, so far I haven't got any clear explanation about any other dangers, so the research continues. As usual, I can give no promises, but it will be insteresting where it can lead us. Until then I advice everyone to use the SKSE fix as a safe one. Two ways to do it: 1) Better to create the file "Skyrim/Data/SKSE/skse.ini" with the following content: [General] ClearInvalidRegistrations=1 2) Type "ClearInvalidRegistrations" into console

Edited by flexcreator, 22 February 2013 - 10:03 PM.

cretin0us

cretin0us

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 156 posts
@flexcreator : It doesn't happen immediately. The SKSE purge can take several hours, per the readme.

I've had it up for about 25 minutes, and my savegame has only dropped a few hundred K. But it's still dropping in size.

tonicmole

tonicmole

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 949 posts
@etayorius This isn't really the place, but you need to create the folder and the ini file. You should go to a SKSE thread in the forums for more information.

I'm gonna give the SKSE thing a try but I want all of you to hear this loud and clear! If I wanna attack my save, then that's what I gonna do! My save has been screwing with me for the past 6 months! Now I'm gonna rip it's innards out and pee on it's grave. Scalpel? Tender touch? That's a bunch of Sissy la-la talk! Let's go hug some tree's and release some dove's for good measure! My save don't deserve it! I'm going to town on it's ass and no one can stop me! flexcreator has handed me an Ebony Greatsword and I'm gonna use it, if I so wish. "Oh no, but it's dangerous! I'm afraid of the negative long term ramifications to your save game." Really!? It's a Bethesda game! Just playing can have negative long term ramifications! Also, poo on that! When I open up my save and start zeroing out those scripts I got the Skyrim theme song blaring over my speakers while wearing an Ancient Nord helmet made of card board and tin foil! Dovahkiin, fah hin kogaan mu draal! You know how the Dovahkiin would fix this problem.....not with a scalpel......but with a Steel battle axe......THATS ON FIRE! He/she would throw down some soul trap, and once that bastard save games soul is in Azura's star he'd/she'd use it to recharge a little steel dagger, and toss it into the lake like it ain't no thang. He/she would then go to the soul cairn, find the Save game and kick it in the ghost nuts. Bam.....it's fixed. Dovahkiin style!

EtemSoru

EtemSoru

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
@Etayorius: Download SKSE 1_06_07 put it where it belongs as instructed. Launch game, open console and type "ClearInvalidRegistrations" (Without quotations) and hit enter. The ini change, I think is just so you don't have to type this every time you load up. I've been using SKSE since the beginning of time and I can't locate the ini, either. Don't feel bad. lol @tonicmole: You do that.

Edited by EtemSoru, 20 February 2013 - 08:24 AM.

elvisgreenchina

elvisgreenchina

Enthusiast

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
Tesvesse won't save my imported, zeroed out file. It imports it and I see the physical change to all zeroes, but the moment I save the file, they revert back to the original scripts. Edit: Nevermind - you literally have to click on a different section and then back to data before saving and after importing or it won't save the changes. What *censored*.

Edited by elvisgreenchina, 20 February 2013 - 08:24 AM.

theabyss

theabyss

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
You sir, are a lifesaver. After retrieving my mods and whatnot from my old computer hard drive, I guess some script error caused the size of the save to quickly spiral out of control, growing to over 230Mb in size in an extremely short time. For now, this seems to have solved the issue. You have my thanks (and my endorsement).

knickerbocker

knickerbocker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
ok , i used this tool and it works well . No problems at all and have played it for a few hours with no ctd or freezing . Yes i have backups . But it dont seam like i will need them lol .

sa547

sa547

Ordre de la Rose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,588 posts
I should've known... Turns out there's a new updated SKSE. xD I'll try that and the purge command. Thanks for the 411. BTW, for those in the know, we ought to be civil and instead brainstorm and work together to come up with a better, more elegant solution to fix bloated/CTD'd gamesaves. Let's just say this otherwise brute technique should pave the way for a greater endeavor.

Edited by sa547, 20 February 2013 - 09:17 AM.

Page loaded in: 1.155 seconds