• Please log in to reply
1120 replies to this topic

blackjackgarry

blackjackgarry

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
@flexcreator first - thx. As I do a lot of mod-testing around, I realy like your info. I tried it out - it works as you descriped. I also suggest a FAQ or something (maybe in a txt file inside the download zip.) So we (the 'tester') can provide infos on mods who are problematic or what to do to avoid trouble with them. So, in suggesting it, I also have now some mod's I went into trouble: First (as mentiont in the descriptin - but only poorly): - Stop all mods by using their MCM if possible. E.g frostfall, harvest, RND, DeadlyDragons, ... - everyone you can stop - stop it! second - mod troubles: - 'Concinient horses' - some minor problems: first stop the quest. Deinstall it BEFORE making the papyrus clean save! Without, you will loose the horses names, even the fixed like 'frost'. They will be called 'horse'. Theres no problem in uninstalling and reinstalling (deselect esp will do it). - 'Achive that' - an Inconvienences: Will be deactivated. After the clean, Re-Activate it. That' all (and then wait through its messages.)... - 'Frostfall' - some minor: Even if shutdown, you will loose your current frostfall experience. - kuertes dynamic respawn and Battle injuries - resetting needed: Settings are refered to their inallation ones. - Economics of Skyrim - BIG PROBLEM: Has to be deinstalled and reinstalled (stop it ingame then deselection of esp will do it) BEFORE, if not then afterwards! You will not be capable of using the ingame settings anymore after you cleand the papyrus data! - RND - none: Restart it, set your settings - done. - Categoriezed Fav. menue - none: But you may loose some favorites, bec. they are reset after the cleaning (like powers/spells). - SkyRe - none - 'Pumping iron' - minor: You will loose the accumulated exp. points (2nd row, under the base points). You will NOT lose the base. I tested this with an 60hour ingame save, with nearly no bloads. This was a normal save with no problems, so you can call it a cleansave. In doing so, I got 2MB from 11MB now to 9MB. That's nearly the minimum this save with 162active mods can be in size. When starting a new game with all mods installed my save is about 7MB from scratch. Now, only one thing happend. After I loaded the cleaned save with the deleted papyrus section, I got a 'Dragon soul' event - but this was regarding a 'Deadly Dragon' dragon encounter some time before. There the dragon went away. This is a known problem - I encountered it some times. You also can avoid this by deselecting, cleansave, reselecting the dd esp - no big deal. So, conclusion - NICE! I think with more care, it may be also possible to reset the papyrus variables with their values. But therefor I should have checked them out first through the console, so I can set them after the cleaning to their old values again... I will now try the SKSE ClearInvalidRegistrations thing... Ah, by the way - I also let the 'Skyrim save cleaner' running through my save's (both the old with the papyrus data still there, and the cleared one) - there were no broken references.

Edited by blackjackgarry, 23 February 2013 - 01:25 PM.

flexcreator

flexcreator

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,139 posts
Thanks, I'll put this information in the next release

flexcreator

flexcreator

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,139 posts
Ok. Here are some good news! Right now I'm actually able to load some script variables from the papyrus section in ESS. Not from all scripts yet, but ALMOST from all scripts with references. Still don't know how to decode arrays :( Just look at this nice log :) Script WeaponRackActivateSCRIPT extends ObjectReference 50 members Bool ::AlreadyInit_var = 0 Keyword ::ArmorShield_var = Keyword, points to 0 ObjectReference ::BattleaxeMarker_var = ObjectReference, points to 0 ObjectReference ::BowMarker_var = ObjectReference, points to 0 Int ::ButtonPressed_var = 0 ObjectReference ::GreatSwordMarker_var = ObjectReference, points to 0 Int ::ItemType_var = 0 ObjectReference ::MaceMarker_var = ObjectReference, points to 0 Bool ::MessageAlreadyShown_var = 0 Bool ::Patch14COARacks_var = 0 Message ::Patch14WeaponRackNoBowMESSAGE_var = Message, points to 0 ObjectReference ::PlayersDroppedWeapon_var = ObjectReference, points to 0 Armor ::PlayersEquippedShield_var = Armor, points to 0 WEAPON ::PlayersEquippedWeapon_var = WEAPON, points to 0 Int ::PlayersEquippedWeaponType_var = 0 Int ::RackType_var = 1 ObjectReference ::ShieldMarker_var = ObjectReference, points to 0 ObjectReference ::StaffMarker_var = ObjectReference, points to 0 ObjectReference ::StartingWeapon_var = ObjectReference, points to 0 ObjectReference ::SwordMarker_var = ObjectReference, points to 0 ObjectReference ::TriggerMarker_var = ObjectReference, points to 0 ObjectReference ::WaraxeMarker_var = ObjectReference, points to 0 ObjectReference ::WarhammerMarker_var = ObjectReference, points to 0 Message ::WeaponRackActivateMESSAGE_var = Message, points to 2394ce20 Message ::WeaponRackNoBowMESSAGE_var = Message, points to 0 Message ::WeaponRackNoDaggerMESSAGE_var = Message, points to 2394d620 Message ::WeaponRackNoShieldMESSAGE_var = Message, points to 0 Message ::WeaponRackNoWeaponMESSAGE_var = Message, points to 2394d640 Message ::WeaponRackOnlyDaggerMESSAGE_var = Message, points to 0 Keyword ::WeaponTypeBattleAxe_var = Keyword, points to 2394d1c0 Keyword ::WeaponTypeBow_var = Keyword, points to 2394cde0 Keyword ::WeaponTypeDagger_var = Keyword, points to 2394cca0 Keyword ::WeaponTypeGreatSword_var = Keyword, points to 2394b5c0 Keyword ::WeaponTypeMace_var = Keyword, points to 2394ce00 Keyword ::WeaponTypeStaff_var = Keyword, points to 2394d6e0 Keyword ::WeaponTypeSword_var = Keyword, points to 2394d160 Keyword ::WeaponTypeWarAxe_var = Keyword, points to 2394d8e0 Keyword ::WeaponTypeWarhammer_var = Keyword, points to 2394b660 Keyword ::WRackBattleaxe_var = Keyword, points to 2394d5a0 Keyword ::WRackBow_var = Keyword, points to 2394ce60 GlobalVariable ::WRackGlobal_var = GlobalVariable, points to 23948820 Keyword ::WRackGreatSword_var = Keyword, points to 2394d860 Keyword ::WRackMace_var = Keyword, points to 2394d3a0 Keyword ::WRackShield_var = Keyword, points to 2394d820 Keyword ::WRackStaff_var = Keyword, points to 2394d600 Keyword ::WRackStartingWeapon_var = Keyword, points to 0 Keyword ::WRackSword_var = Keyword, points to 2394f1a0 Keyword ::WRackTrigger_var = Keyword, points to 2394d060 Keyword ::WRackWarAxe_var = Keyword, points to 2394be60 Keyword ::WRackWarhammer_var = Keyword, points to 2394d960 50 Current position = 1015460

Edited by flexcreator, 23 February 2013 - 04:36 PM.

Jeffro13

Jeffro13

• Premium Member
  • 11 posts

I can confirm that SKSE's ClearInvalidRegistrations function has helped with my save bloat and (I think - fingers crossed) saved my save file!

I started to the get the lagfreeze a while back and finally checked the size of my save files and they were ~50mb. I then started slimming down on mods and trying 'clean' saves which got me down to ~12mb, but teach time it would start to creep up and the freexelag still remained.

However, by running the latest SKSE and putting the appropriate entry in the SKSE.ini file, my saves have no decreased from ~16mb to ~9mb in about an hour's playing. The freezelag has improved as well - but waiting a little longer to declare that 'fixed' yet... It's also worth noting that I've managed this with most of the mods I originally had activated again.

So to all those having save bloat issues due to junk scripts from removed mods, ClearInvalidRegistrations looks like it has a good chance of helping.

To whoever coded this, thank you! You are a legend amongst heroes...

EDIT: Yep, save file hovering around the 9mb mark and freezelag a thing of the past! Now that SKSE has this facility, it should be an essential tool regardless of whether you use mods that require script extension...

Edited by Jeffro13, 23 February 2013 - 08:15 PM.

Khettienna

Khettienna

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts
This worked like a charm, thank you! <3

WingdingsNiglet

WingdingsNiglet

Fan

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts
ClearInvalidRegistrations console command and
[General]
ClearInvalidRegistrations=1 in the .ini did nothing

Q_Q.

redwes

redwes

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 638 posts
It's not instant, it's a slow process that can take hours. :/ Load your game, go watch a movie, and comeback in a couple hours. Save your game into a new slot and then compare the sizes. My bloated save file only decreased by .7 MB and yet... the issue was gone! See my previous post below... --- If your save isn't working, I recommend that you try the SKSE trick first and THEN try this. Before, I had a major bloating issue which caused my saves to bloat to over 20 MB in a mere 20 minutes of play. I first tried this and it decreased my early bloat save from 15 MB to 12.4 MB. The bloating issue was gone, but not without consequences. I then tried the SKSE trick and added "ClearInvalidRegistrations=1" to a created SKSE.ini. Over a 8 hour period, it only decreased my save to 14.3 MB, however it ALSO fixed the bloating issue. I then installed Dragonborn, which bumped my save back up to over 15 MB. After playing playing for a couple hours though and saving about 20 times, my save slightly fluctuated in size and now rests at 15.1 MB. My previously broken werewolf transformations remained fixed and it doesn't appear to bloat anymore. I'm assuming this is a normal size for a save. 14.3 MB -> [Installed Dragonborn] -> 14.8 MB -> 14.8 MB -> 15.0 MB -> 15.0 MB -> 15.0 MB -> 15.0 MB -> 15.0 MB -> 15.0 MB -> 15.0 MB -> 14.9 MB -> 14.9 MB -> 15.1 MB -> 15.0 MB -> 15.0 MB -> 15.0 MB -> 15.1 MB -> 15.1 MB -> 15.1 MB -> 15.1 MB The last 3 saves actually decrease, but very slightly. 15,510 KB -> 15,505 KB -> 15,503 KB

Edited by redwes, 24 February 2013 - 04:01 AM.

WingdingsNiglet

WingdingsNiglet

Fan

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts
Oh I see, thankyou very much good sir.
The gradual reduction in size is what I'm looking for :).
Although I wouldn't mind an instant size reduction and then the various cleaning methods I'm using hold the size down :D.

cjfrye111

cjfrye111

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
The clean disabled the visuals on the portals in the forgotten vale, they still work but look as if they are not there. Is there a way to re-enable them?

flexcreator

flexcreator

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,139 posts
@cjfrye111, It should be, you can figure it out by yourself using the Creation Kit. Filter the Forgotten Vale quests in the Objects window -> go to the scripts section and investigate the variables. But if the problem is with markers/activators, it will be uneasy to restore them via console. So I recommend to wait for a repair tool.

Page loaded in: 0.959 seconds