Side with Harkon [Dawnguard spoilers obviously]

WotansGlory

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I completely agree with this concept! I've always wanted and preferred to work WITH Lord Harkon, be his right hand vampire and help pursue his goal on FULL scale as you guys have already mentioned; being forever, not just one day. Maybe even causing to see more vampires roaming across skyrim in the endless night. Neverending nightmare for the humans ;)

Harkon's just using you to get his way. Your life is meaningless to him, as would be your servitude. He betrays you...why WOULDN'T I want to get at someone for betraying me...?

...okay, yeah, maybe that part could be rewritten...instead of betraying you, maybe you "open his eyes" and make him see you're not the meaningless grunt he thought you were. I mean, you're the Dragonborn (assuming you played the main story first). You're not some run-of-the-mill bozo, you're capable of tearing people apart with your VOICE, don't even have to touch 'em.

^ this. I feel like as a whole, your life (and the life of literally everyone else, for that matter) means very little to Harkon at that point because he's so hellbent on the prophecy. You could die and he'd just shrug and have someone else in his court pick up right where you left off -- whether you agree with his prophecy or not. Add being Dragonborn to that, and you would think that Harkon would maybe get the idea that making friends with the person who can devour dragon souls and Shout people into the Void would be a better option than just using you as fodder to move his plans forward.

I do agree though that the vampire side of Dawnguard feels really tacked on, maybe because Bethesda didn't consider that people would actually... y'know... want vampire characters. They penalize you so much for being a vampire too, and without mods and such to fix all the downsides that the game gives you, vampires are an actual pain to play as.

I don't think I would ever choose to side with Harkon on the prophecy (I quite like Serana actually (her mother, on the other hand....)) with or without a mod to do so, but I agree with you that Bethesda should've originally given a lot more branching option paths for those people out there that genuinely want to make really evil / morally black characters.

Edited by Xannykins

• 10 months later...

It is one the things I've always wanted to see in Skyrim I can write a story line for this to happen but mod maker are not so much interested in Vampires. For example we can have these options:

1- Harkon admits to use the bow for blotting the sun blood stained arrows just like the dragon born.

2- Since dragon born has become a vampire his/her blood can have the same effect!

3- A mixture of Serana,Dragon born and harkon 's blood can blot the sun.

4- Or as true Vampire Lord Harkon must be a true immortal instead of defeating him we can imprison him in a special coffin.

5- An official vampiric marriage with Serana can grant real royal class to the dragon born of course it can be quest given by Harkon.

6- Tearing down the castle Volkihar and rebuilding it at peak of a mighty mountain for having better defense.

7- Adding thrones at Harkon's side for Serana and Dragon born for happy ending.

8- Harkon can be convinced for alternative endings that are mentioned above.

9- Dragon born reveals the prophecy is plot from Boeathia the rival of Molag Bal, to do harm on Volkihar Clan

Hi vampire lord. I saw your post tonight, and really like your ideas. I'm not a modder, but would love to see someone take this on, so I'm crossing my fingers that they will. Thanks for posting-I had forgotten about this thread until tonite!

PS Since I'm a female who thinks Harkon is hot, lol, I'd like to add to your ideas the option to marry him (and maybe have a quickie divorce from Serana's mother first!)

Tracy

Very interesting idea here, I would like to see it coming to life! harkon, actually, has a lot of dialogue ingame, it can be reassembled to make some short responses... I, personally, would like to see friend/spouse option, always had some pity for this royal vamp. Literally all his allies hates him and wants to kill him, no wonder he is damaged as hell.

Hi vampire lord. I saw your post tonight, and really like your ideas. I'm not a modder, but would love to see someone take this on, so I'm crossing my fingers that they will. Thanks for posting-I had forgotten about this thread until tonite!

PS Since I'm a female who thinks Harkon is hot, lol, I'd like to add to your ideas the option to marry him (and maybe have a quickie divorce from Serana's mother first!)

Tracy

I am a writer and English is not my first language but I will not let than to have great influence on my writings I promise if a mod maker accepts to work with our ideas I would write a good plot. More importantly I am beyond obsessed to vampires with a real limitless love my each inhale and exhale are possessed with that love for undead vampires. I have much more ideas for Vampires but as I mentioned mod makers are not interested in vampires fore several years I have been trying to find a one who can create a grand mod but they simply say your ideas are great but difficult to accomplish or "We're not in to vampire stuff"

Thank you for supporting my ideas and I must admit your idea as a female character to marry with Harkon is great and I loved it.

We can give Harkon a full name too Lord Harkon Volkihar, Ihave always wanted to use the word "Volkihar" in my grand novel I work on but first I must get the permission to use it any way again thank you for your support.

Hi there. I love your ideas and as well as vampires, and so I hope that sometime a modder WILL take on these ideas. It would be so great to see the vampire part of Skyrim being more fleshed-out. Glad you like my ideas too, by the way. I've had a crush on Harkon since I first played the game, and would love to have him be my "husband"! ;)

Good luck with your novel, btw. I am a writer as well, and so I send you lots of luck and encouragement with that.

Crossing my fingers that one day someone will share our interest in doing this and create a mod for us!

Tracy