Fallout 4 LOD texture and objects render problem

AidenPierce123

Hi guys good day, today i've done a fresh install of fallout 4, now after installed only Mod Organizer 2 and High FPS Physics Fix (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/44798) i'm encountering a bad LOD quality, poor draw distance and objects like rocks,bridges,cars,ecc.. not fully rendered, not everything is on ultra presets, what i've decreased was the shadow draw distance to medium and godrays to low, lens flaree and DOF deactivated, everything else is maxed on ultra

watch the video to know what im talking about:https://imgur.com/a/DFUkgO5

Edited by AidenPierce123

As I recall, there were some ini settings I had to tweak to make it work *right*..... But, I can't find the information again.....

thanks for the reply first because you are the first that are helping me, seriously i've done a few post here and on reddit and bethesda fallout 4's forum no one said nothing, second soo the problem seems to be associated at a some ini. settings right? i hope somebody join the conversation and help me because i want to play with some mods, on pc it's boring playing vanilla and still have common problem, and it's not my fault after all :( hope you can remember the ini settings mean a good hand for me your reply <3

Digging thru my ini, I have these:

iTextureDegradeDistance0=1600
iTextureDegradeDistance1=3000
iTextureUpgradeDistance0=1200
iTextureUpgradeDistance1=2400

and these a bit further down:

fShadowLODMaxStartFade=1000.0
fSpecularLODMaxStartFade=2000.0
fLightLODMaxStartFade=3500.0

and then there are these:

fMeshLODLevel1FadeDist=3500.0000
fMeshLODLevel2FadeDist=2000.0000
fMeshLODFadePercentDefault=1.2000

maybe these?

fLODFadeOutMultObjects=4.5000
fLODFadeOutMultItems=2.5000

These are in my falloutprefs.ini:

fMeshLODFadePercentDefault=1.2000
fMeshLODFadeBoundDefault=256.0000
fMeshLODFadeScalar=1.0000
fMeshLODLevel2FadeTreeDistance=2048.0000
fMeshLODLevel1FadeTreeDistance=2844.0000
fInteriorMeshLODLevel2FadeDist=1950.0000
fInteriorMeshLODLevel1FadeDist=2600.0000
fMeshLODLevel2FadeDist=999999.0000
fMeshLODLevel1FadeDist=999999.0000

these are a bit further down:

fTreeLoadDistance=75000.0000
fBlockMaximumDistance=250000.0000
fBlockLevel2Distance=110000.0000
fBlockLevel1Distance=90000.0000
fBlockLevel0Distance=60000.0000
fSplitDistanceMult=1.5000

These are in my falloutcustom.ini

iTextureUpgradeDistance1=2400
iTextureUpgradeDistance0=1200
iTextureDegradeDistance1=3000
iTextureDegradeDistance0=1600

Check out what your values are, compare them to what I got. See if anything is different....

Worth a shot. :)

Here's hopin'. :smile: Good Luck. Let me know if it works.

you're good in time, sadly man i've tried but didn't work, the objects like rocks, bridges,road,grass ecc.... still got a render problem, some of my setting was the same as yours and for the other had different values from yours, so i've changed all the different settings in my ini but the problem still, idk what's the problem i'm so sad :(

Have you tried running without that FPS/Physics mod? The reason I ask is because this game runs fine at 60fps. I run a 144hz G-Sync compatible monitor and was having inconsistent crashing issues until I lowered my refresh rate to 120hz, ( a multiple of 60hz) capped my frame-rate to 60fps with a mod named "load accelerator", and disabled V-sync across the "ini" board with this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/67 . I run about 7 hi-rez texture replacement mods and have had only minor flashing texture issues, and those are few and far between. No LOD issues.

Just in case you decide to download BethINI..read the MO2 installation and pathing directions. Also, if you are a MO2 "rookie" all ini adjustments must be made via the MO2 ini tab....not the "my games" folder.

Good luck..

Have you tried running without that FPS/Physics mod? The reason I ask is because this game runs fine at 60fps. I run a 144hz G-Sync compatible monitor and was having inconsistent crashing issues until I lowered my refresh rate to 120hz, ( a multiple of 60hz) capped my frame-rate to 60fps with a mod named "load accelerator", and disabled V-sync across the "ini" board with this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/67 . I run about 7 hi-rez texture replacement mods and have had only minor flashing texture issues, and those are few and far between. No LOD issues.

Just in case you decide to download BethINI..read the MO2 installation and pathing directions. Also, if you are a MO2 "rookie" all ini adjustments must be made via the MO2 ini tab....not the "my games" folder.

Good luck..

Hi man, thanks for the reply, i can try everything you want of course just to fix this horrible mess i'll try to follow your hint, and tell you as soon as i can what come out of the box :)

ps: i know mod organizer 2 has it's own ini's file to use instead the vanilla ini's file <3