Persistant CTD in Game Menus / Save Bloat

MarkusFox

I admit I know a tiny bit about folder structure. But not where it keeps the textures exactly. As such the linked compressor has me confused.

Edit: Okay so it has presets as I read its description. Should help cut down on a few CTDs, huh. By extension it may help reduce purple texture issues (tar-black skin for female NPCs) I guess, since they're compressed. A good idea to help out until I buy another 8 gigs of RAM to add onto what I've got.

Any other advice?

Editing seems to be acting up too. It turned my edited post into a mess of HTML text twice now.

Edited by MarkusFox

Reporting back. I don't know what the heck I did, but I've managed to play for an hour and a half on one of the affected backup saves (from before the bloat) without it pulling a CTD. Went from Skyrim to Soltheim, fought a Legendary Dragon, and did a starting side-quest for a new Greatsword. The quicksaves responded faster as did standard saves.

... And the only thing I changed was my SKSE. Deleted all the scripts it installed, then the main SKSE files, and updated to 1.6.7. Its anti-bloat feature doesn't work on my already bloated (37 MB) save though since that is stuck in infinite loading screen hell. But this is an improvement and I could certainly proceed with my video recording with the backup save I did get to work.

Loading screens still take some time though, between 10 and 50 seconds. Will look into the texture optimizer when I figure out from the readme what method to use for the vanilla textures and the mod textures.

Edited by MarkusFox