WIP - The Companion friendly Hobbit Home

Pellape

Book 1: This tower mod was the closest to a crystal tower I was able to find and it is an odd house mod as well as it is not easy to access the house in any way... Well a house should be easy to access if it should be any point with it if you ask me but it is also good there are alternatives in all possible directions

Book 3: was fun to make as I made the Ebon Rider and did choose a golden horse for him as Described in the book and placed him on the field (the red battle field) and I did spawn some bandits for him to fight which are seen at the side cover, very blurred, but they still fight there.

Book 6: is about fairies in Summerset so I do not have a clue about how the faries looks like there, even if I been on Summerset in ESO a lot, I bet they look more like they usually do in the fairytales there but I never saw any. WAC's fairies and Fimps will have to do put in the Hrota Cave... Otherwise Summerset in ESO is magic for sure and the beasts there looks fantastic.

Book 7: Well I am lucky someone made a mod of Cameron's father and his army, which was a bit laggy to sneak around for sure for the screenshots. I did some googling before I found it.

1. Dubious Tale of Crystal Tower
  2. Eastern Provinces Impartially Considered
  3. Ebon Arm
  4. Epic of the Gray Falcon
  5. Etiquette with Rulers
  6. Faerie
  7. Fall of the Usurper
  8. Fellowship of the Temple

51216793655_5ea2086e82_o.png

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In book 8: The end of it reminds me of the lines Groot has: -I am Groot. Maybe Marvel took it from this book??? :wink: It is written around 1995 so when did Groot show up in Marvel?

Adventurer: Hello, who are you?
Ortho: Me am Ortho!
Adventurer: My ... protection?
Adventurer: You look very familiar to me for some reason. Have you every [sic] been to Morrowind?

It is not impossible really as Ortho do react the same here... But who steals from who? :wink: I had to check. Groot did show up the first time 1960 so Bethesda is the guilty one here :D

Lots of Daggerfall books this time but Fool's Ebony is from Daggerfall, so no wonder.

1. Final Lesson
  2. Fire and Faith
  3. First Scroll of Baan Dar
  4. Five Far Stars
  5. Fool's Ebony I
  6. Fool's Ebony II
  7. Fool's Ebony III
  8. Fool's Ebony IV

51223724157_7b0af2175c_o.png

I could have made one single texture for all 6 Fool's Ebony books, but what fun is that when I am doing all this work anyway? I use the sets in the play, as that is what it is for each book cover and try to do the best of it as Daggerfall is very limited to set stages in but it is possible as Unity do have an editor available but I never tried it, so I have to use the screenshots of the targets available in each stage set, like the Inn, Mages Guild and a General Store. Well they do look better than the original books if you ask me. :wink:

Edited by Pellape

Thanks again - Both of you ;)

No need for a Skyship really as it has 29 portals if I calculate right from my head... :wink: 10 to farms, 10 to inns and 8 to towns and one to SI palace ground + 36 markable spots for for the recalls and I do not use ships nor horses as I do move faster without them... ;) I use enhance speed spells instead

Edited by Pellape

I do keep the schedule, making this post each 4th day... :wink:

Book 1: What does the musicians have to do with the story in the play Fool's Ebony?? Not a bloody thing really. They play the music in between the acts and also while they rebuild the stage in the middle of book 6, so I thought they should be on that cover really as they are part of the team performing this play. :wink:

Book 8: Why a multicolored background? Each of those colors represent each of the 3 biggest houses on Vvardenfell and that is also mentioned in the book. Brown: Telvanni, Red: Redoran and Yellow for Hlaalu.

1. Fool's Ebony V
  2. Fool's Ebony VI
  3. For My Gods and Emperor
  4. Four Suitors of Benitah
  5. Ghraewaj and the Harpies
  6. Gold Ribbon of Merit
  7. Grasping Fortune
  8. Great Houses of Morrowind

51234762404_e010f2ee36_o.png

When it comes to the guides, I decided to take a different approach and the reason for it is that we do not have access to all suitable environments in game, like Summerset Isle but in the other hand, I could just take some screenies in Valenwood for the Aldmeri guide as Summerset do not look like any other places, not if we would use ESO as a base how it looks like? Well - Amazing and fairy like.

How do you make a cover for the whole Empire based on screenshots from the game? That is impossible and it was then I came up with this idea as my brain went blank for a while. Well I based them on real photos instead and all includes different cuts and pastes from one single map:

tamriel-map-eso-wiki-guide.jpg

This way they get a form of theme and fits together as a series of volumes. I did not planned to make them this way at all but that's the funniest part, I never know what a book will end up as, until it is made. I do like the way how the Empire guides turned up as in the end and that is most important, what I feel about them as I do this for me firstly... :wink: The Preface book, (book 3 at the screenshot) became as neutral as possible by the way as there where no other way of making it...

• Guide to Ald-ruhn
  • Guide to Balmora
  • Guide-Empire 1 Preface
  • Guide-Empire 2 Skyrim
  • Guide-Empire 3 Cyrodiil
  • Guide-Empire 4 High Rock
  • Guide-Empire 5 Hammerfell
  • Guide-Empire 6 Aldmeri

51242113458_99b50e71fb_o.png

Edited by Pellape

Book 2 and 4 do have the same background cover, well exact the same target, but taken in different weathers and slightly offset... :wink: I bet you cannot even see it even if I did mention it. Weather do have a large impact on the colors really.

51255753494_f3136c70da_o.png

Thanks again OblivionAddicted :D

Book 7 is fun, well not the book if you just read it but more how the story was created, the background to it. It was a bug in Arena, where a shop where misplaced and got placed in the front of the castle in Rockpark, which is the middle picture that are surrounded by the scales, the symbol of Ius and finding a wombat was not easy, as I had to use one from a real picture at the side cover but yesterday I saw a cat in Daggerfall that looks similar to a wombat but... Well the shop got placed in front of the castle by the god Ius after the nobles there tried to stick a wombat into the wall. The town was named Rockcreek in the book though, but it is named Rockpark in Arena.

Book 8 has stuff related to the jokes. If to peek at the background, you might also notice castle Daggerfall but it is hard to see and it is meant to be hard but it is that castle.

1. Holidays of the Iliac Bay
  2. Homilies of Blessed Almalexia
  3. Honor Among Thieves
  4. Hope of the Redoran
  5. House of Troubles
  6. Invocation of Azura
  7. Ius, Animal God
  8. Jokes

51267018942_068d452c5a_o.png